Chapter 34: Dark side

JENNIE'S POV

"Explain Jennie." Minho commanded. I am so nervous. Why am I nervous? They are my friends. Well my only friend. I close the door of the room and lock it and I sat down on the floor legs crossed. Might as well be comfortable because I have a feeling that this is a very long interrogation.

"Well? We're waiting." I looked up both of them and they crossed their arms on their chest at the same time. They are staring down at me. I look down on my fingers and start playing with it.

"Jisoo and I are in a relationship." I started.

"No shit. Jennie."

"For a few months now I think." I continued.

"The fuck? A few months? And why are we learning this now?"

"Because I want it to be a secret at first because I know people will judge but then I realize in the long run it will be hard to keep our relationship since Jisoo is an influential person and I don't want her to think that I am ashamed of our relationship. Jisoo wants our relationship to be publicized but she did not force me to reveal our relationship. She told me it should be always at my pace. She never hides her affection for me. "
Total silence.

Both of them sat down in front of me. I am still not looking at them. We 3 look like an idiot sitting on the floor where there are available chairs in this room.

Minho and Han hold my hand. I look at them and they are smiling so big I swear I can see all their wisdom teeth.

"You are not angry?" I ask.

They shake their heads.
"Girl! Of all the women on this planet you chose the most cold hearted one! You are strange!" Han squealed and then they both hugged me. "Let's stand up I want to do a group hug properly." We stood up and did a group hug. After our group hug we sat down on the chair and they asked me to elaborate what really happened and what I did to "catch" Jisoo.

I told them what happened from the start and after I finish my story both of their faces are in shock.

"So you mean you know her for almost half a year now and you've been dating for 3 months? Did I understand it correctly?"
I nodded.

"And you are living with her for almost a month because Scarlet is a bitch?"
Han clarified.

"Yes."

"That bitch. How dare her judge you. I am surprised that Miss. Kim did not cancel the contract of her boyfriend." Minho exclaimed.

"Cancel the contract? Why would she do that?"

"Girl you don't know?"

"Know what?" I ask puzzled.

"She owns the record company that Scarlet's boyfriend is signed in."

I made a pikachu face you know the meme. I swear we look the same at
this point.

"Not only that she owned the leading media channel in our country. That's why you cannot see any news about her in TV or in print because no one will dare to slander our boss."

"She dabbles in many types of businesses so it is hard to keep up." Han added.

Jisoo is wow. I never knew that she was that influential. I only know she is rich but to think that she might be friends with the owner of Walmart is amazing.

Can she score some coupons for me or some free taste of all their goodies everyday? I have to ask her later.

"Well we are so happy that you found someone who will love and cherish
you Jennie." Minho said.

Love? It is too early for that right? I mean we are only dating for 3 months.

I mean is there a timeline in love? I think not.

"Let's start to work now. The documents are going to pile up. And you missy keep us on loop okay?" Han reprimanded. I nodded.

We went back to work.
Whew! For a second I thought they will hate me because I kept a secret from them but it's a good thing I am wrong.
I diligently worked until I saw that it was 2 min before 12pm. I said goodbye to Minho and Han and went up to Olympus to take my lunch. I reached Jisoo's floor and straight up entered her office.

"Jisoo! I am here!" I am greeted by the shock faces of 5 people. Why these people are always in shock whenever I greet them? Jisoo magically transforms her face from cold and calculating to soft and loving.

I sheepishly wave to the other occupants in the room while going straight
to Jisoo's desk. I kiss her on her cheeks and say "It's lunch break now boss."