Chapter 41: Bitten fruit

JENNIE'S POV

Floating on the pool using one of those pizza shaped floating tube that Jisoo buys for me since she is secretly afraid that I'll drown even in a 3ft pool.

I am absorbing all the vitamin D that I could get. For strong bones if I am correct or maybe not.

"Love."

I almost capsized when I heard Jisoo's voice.

I slowly lift my head to see her glaring at me. Even if my eyesight is bad I know she is mad. She is wearing her suit. Where is she going?

"Hi Jisoo!" I smiled and waved at her sheepishly.

"How many hours are you lying in the middle of the pool?"

Shoot since 9am. She doesn't need to know that.

"Thirty minutes maybe?" I replied. she just raised a brow.

I saw the butler hands her a fluffy robe and a towel and whisper something on her ear. Her face became more thunderous. Uh oh.

I attempted to wade my hand through the water to get away from Jisoo because I have a suspicion I am in trouble.

I thought I am successful in getting away. I really did since my arms are aching already but when I look back I am still in the same freaking place and Jisoo is standing on my side still wearing her freaking suit.
"Aloha?"
Ignoring me she pull my floater back to the edge of the pool. Cue the rant in
3
2
1

"Love do you know that it is 2pm already! I let you oversleep because I thought you were tired last night because we were busy in the office and you delivered so many documents yesterday and you only ate a few servings of our dinner. I bet you did not even apply sunscreen"

Yah. I only eat 2 servings of pasta with that yummy green sauce and 6 pieces of garlic bread.
Sunscreen what?
Wait today is not saturday?

"You did not even eat the chocolate muffin that they serve! And where is your eyeglasses? You refuse to do lasik surgery and I know that the doctor told you not to remove it."

"It is on the table. I don't want it to get wet."

We reach the edge of the pool and I sat up forgetting that I am above the water. The floater capsizes and I am submerged in the water. My knees scrape the bottom of the pool.

I am ungracefully lifted by Jisoo who is panicking as if I'll get drowned in like I said before 3 feet of water.

She placed me in one of the pool chairs and inspected my whole body.

"Did the water enter your nose love?"

"No."

"Did you hit your head?" I shake my head in denial.

"Alfred I think she hit her head. She is in the shallow part of the pool after all when she fell. Call Ken and tell him it is an emergency."

For fudge sake! No need to call a doctor!
"I am okay Jisoo! I just scrape my knee see!" I lift my left leg for emphasis. "No need to disturb the doctor."

Jisoo helped me wear the bathrobe and she wrap the towel on my head.

"Increase the heating inside the house. I don't want her to get cold." One staff member bowed and did what Jisoo wanted.

After a few minutes the same staff went out and confirm that the whole house is warm already. Wow that was fast. I bet Jisoo's electricity bill is astronomical.

She carries me and I lay my head on her chest.

"Love I know you want to swim everyday that is okay but not for 5 hours straight! That is dangerous and unhealthy! I should have went to the office late if I have an inkling you're going to do this. Your face is sunburned. "