Chapter 35: Reunion

JISOO POV

I got back from the warehouse a few minutes before 5am. I changed out of my suit and wear my sweatpants and shirt. I went back to my room and walked towards the bed. The brightness of the moon was illuminating her face. Her limbs are tangled on the sheets. I can see that she is restless. She'll be tired when she wakes up later.

I climb on the bed and place her head on my chest and cuddle with her. I admire the woman I love. Yes love.

How pathetic am I that I fell for Jennie just by observing her and without any contact at all.

She is clumsy, dork, adorable, innocent, naive, she never judges other people but she has a low self confidence. I will not change anything. She is perfect. I will help her to be the best version of herself.
That is love isn't it?

JENNIE'S POV

I woke up feeling tired and groggy. Jisoo was not beside me I wonder where she went. I tried to find my glasses on the side table but I suddenly remember the event last night.

"It is in the past Jennie. Forget about it. Move on." I chanted to myself repeatedly.

Without my glasses I cannot see properly. I just remain lying on the bed. I did not even attempt to stand up because I know it will just get me more in trouble if I hurt myself navigating inside this humongous house. I can imagine now what Jisoo will say if I injure myself again.

So in the end Jisoo found me lying on the bed just staring at the blurred ceiling.

"Good morning Love."

I look at the doorway because I know her voice is coming from that area but it is empty.

"The other side, love."

I looked at my right and saw her kneeling beside the bed. I realize it is not only my eye sight that is bad apparently my hearing as well.

"You're blurry Jisoo."

I can't see her expression clearly so I have no clue on what she is thinking.

"I'm sorry to hear that love. Come on. I'll help you get ready then we will go to the ophthalmologist okay?" Jisoo ask. I nodded.

She helps me climb out of the bed and guides me to the bathroom. We took a shower together. Don't get any ideas we have our underwear on. I am wearing mine but her? I hope so. Jisoo can be naked and I will ever know that's for sure.

She helped me dress myself and she even chose my outfit. I know that she is enjoying this. Jisoo is feeding me our breakfast. I can see it properly but she insisted to do it.

"You like me being dependent on you." I observe.

"Yes so much that I am thinking of not getting you new glasses." Jisoo replied seriously.

I hit her arm and said. "You're such a dork!"

"That's the first time someone uses that word to describe her." I know for a fact other people will not attempt to call her any degrading names. If someone tried well all I can just say Goodluck and godbless.

We went out and one of  her shiny cars was outside. She guides me inside the car and buckles my seatbelt. Surprisingly she decided that she will drive.

"You will drive? Why?" I ask.

"Just because." She replied. Huh Whatever.

Jisoo drove flawlessly. The car did not even jerk. There are drivers that when they drive it is like you are riding a horse and not a car from all the jarring that you are feeling from the whole ride.

We arrive at a big hospital and as she was opening my door she suggested to place me on a wheelchair. Even if I cannot see her clearly I glare at her.

She guided me inside the hospital and the MIB cleared out the path for us. Since I can not see properly I just know that we ride an elevator and we walk a little.

"You may co-come in mam." Why is she stuttering?

We entered a room and Jisoo sat me on a chair. A doctor came in front of me.

"Good morning I am Dr.Ang and we will start your check up now."

He let me read the snellen chart which let's be honest I can only read the first two lines. He uses different fancy machines I don't know what for. When I have my first glasses they only let me read the snellen chart. That's it.

"Ms. Ruby jane after all this examination You have a high myopia. It means you are near sighted but you have a high grade. Both of your eyes are 800 respectively. That is the reason why even if the object is very near you, still cannot see it properly.

Your glasses will be ready in 10 minutes"

10 minutes? That's fast. My last one I got it after 2 days. Jisoo asked me what color I wanted but I just let her decide. My only concern is to see properly that's it. Choosing color is just a trivial things to
me. At exactly 10 minutes. Yes I counted as promised my new glasses are ready.

I wear them and everything is bright and clear. I glanced at Jisoo and I don't know why but she became more beautiful.

"Are you happy love?" I smiled at her brightly in response.

"How much do I owe you Jisoo?"

"Nothing Love."

I know I owe Jisoo but I'll let it go. For now.

As we are going to I don't know where I saw a bunch of people going out of a big gate.

"Where are they coming from?"

"What love?"

"Those people that we pass by. Where are they coming from?"

"Ah. I believe their classes are finished. Those people came out of NYU."

"NYU?"

"New York University."

Ah. School. That's cool. Hey it Rhymes!
"Am I qualified to go to school even if I am almost 23 now?"

"Yes of course love. There is no age limit."

I gave a non-commital sound.

I don't think my savings are enough for college. I don't even know what course will I take. Business? But I am bad at numbers. Nursing? But I am afraid of blood. Too many courses to choose from.
I decided that I'll save money first then go to college.

Time skip (Monday)

Monday again.
Why does the weekdays drags then when weekends it seems like the time is faster?

Minho and Han were waiting for me at the door of the printing room. They slightly cower when Jisoo glares at them. She did not say anything. Her glare is enough. After she left to go to her office. My 2 friends started to apologize at the
same time.

I raise my hand to stop them from talking. "You are both forgiven and there is nothing to forgive since you have no
fault. Okay? Good."

"We still feel bad Jennie. We need to do something for you. Anything."

"No need Han!"

"No! Why don't we buy you lunch?Good?"

Free food? I agreed immediately. Wait. I need to inform Jisoo that I'll not eat with her. I pick up the phone in the room and dial the line for Scott.

"CEO'S office Scott's speaking."
"Scott?"
"Yes? Who's this please?"
"Jennie."
"Hey! How are you?"
"I am fine. Is Jisoo busy?" I ask.
"For you? She's not."

I heard a beep and suddenly Jisoo's voice transmitted through the phone.

"Talk"

Wow. What kind of greeting is that. Maybe she is busy and I am disturbing her. Why did Scott transfer my call?

"Sorry! Are you busy?" I stammered.

I heard Jisoo said the s*** word on the other line. Now she is mad. Tsk.

"Love? Is that you?" She immediately replied.

"Yes. I am sorry for disturbing you!"

"No! No! You're not disturbing me at all love. If you want we can just talk the whole day."

"Whole day? Is that possible?"

"For you? Yes. Anything is possible love when it comes to you."

"Okay maybe next time. I can't meet you this lunch Jisoo."

"Why?"

"My friends will treat me to lunch. Free food Jisoo! Free food! Can you believe it?" I told her excitedly.

I hear her chuckle.

"Alright but I have one condition."

"What?"

"Use your car ok? So that I know you are safe. Understood?"

"Aye aye captain! Bye!"

"Jennie wai--" I heard her say before I dropped the call. I told my friends that Jisoo agreed and told them her stipulations in which my friends did not even protest.

*Lunch time*

We went out of the building and as expected the MIB guides us inside the car.

"Shit Jennie! This car is gorgeous"
"Lincoln Navigator. This car is for royalties!" Minho said.

"Lincoln? Who is lincoln? Why are we talking about the president?" I ask.

"Tsk. No Jennie. Not Abraham Lincoln."

"Ah..okay" I shrug my shoulders still confuse. The both of them still talking about the car. We arrive at a restaurant where I don't know what name. I just care if their food is delicious.

They ordered bunch of food and I happily ate them. Why does free food taste much better? Maybe because it is free?

After our satisfying meal we went back to the office as I walk towards the entrance of the building. I stop immediately because I recognize the people standing near the entrance of the office arguing with the guards.
"Mom? Dad?"

***************