Ch. 4: Attacked

The next day, Luz was using her super strength to help Eda move something.

"Why do you want me to carry this for you again?" Luz asked Eda.

"Because I'm not strong enough and you're the strongest person I know." Eda said to Luz.

"Where did you even get a yacht?" Luz asked.

"Uh... I stole it?" Eda said as if that's the most normal thing ever.

"Okay.....so WHY do you want this yacht?" Luz asked.

"Who doesn't want a yacht? And besides, it's better than the boat I have to get across the boiling sea. It's just a bathtubs with a propeller and a bike set up." Eda said to Luz.

"Now go place it in the water." Eda said.

Luz started flying and put it in the water. She then wrapped the anchor around a tree so it didn't float away.

"There." Luz said before flying back to the owl house. "Nothing like a good workout."

As Luz was dusting her hands off, she heard leaves rustling in the distance from the owl house and coming faster to the house.

"Hmm?" Luz let out, looking in that direction and using her enhanced sight to see who was coming towards the owl house.

She what looked like a few guards rushing towards the house.

"Eda, we have company." Luz said.

The guards came rushing out.

"Eda the Owl Lady and Human. Freeze!" A guard said.

Luz rolled her eyes.

"Listen, you don't want to do this." Luz said, taking a step forward.

A guard fired an arrow at her and... it broke into pieces when it collided with her chest. Luz just looked at them.

"Okay then, let's play." Luz said.

Luz took a deep breath before she blew a stream of air at them to freeze their legs in place!

"What the- I was told she was human!"

"Me too!" Another one said.

Luz rushed to them with super speed, appearing in the middle of them.

"Too bad for you guys." Luz said before she punch the ground, causing a crater to form and send all of them into the air!

She flew into the air and grabbed one.

"Let's go for a spin!" Luz quipped as she began spinning the coven guard around rapidly!

She threw him to the ground and then did the same about the others.

"Hey, Eda! Do you know a memory erase spell?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I don't want that many people knowing about my powers." Luz said, "And I would prefer they didn't tell anyone this."

"Got it. No one outside of this house and your little inner circle will know of your powers." Eda said as she walked up to the guards and hit them with the memory erasing spell. "But if you ask me, it's a waste. You could command a lot of respect if you let people know."

"And with that respect, could come people that want to challenge me or try to use me for my power." Luz said to her, "Trust me, I don't need that."

Eda could sympathize, being the self proclaimed most powerful witch in the isles came with its troubles too. Once she was finished wiping their memories of knowing where the owl house is and of Luz having superpowers, Luz grabbed them all and blitzed them to the police station in town.

"Alright, do whatever you want with the rest of the day Kid, I'm going to smoke a little."

"You smoke?" Luz asked.

"What? It helps me relax." Eda said as she reached into her hair and pulled out what looked like a cigar.

Luz shrugged and began to walk away.

"Yeah, go ahead and walk away. Wouldn't want to over stimulate your super smell." Eda mocked as she went inside of the owl house. "King, get my apple blood."