Ch. 15: Girl Time

Elsewhere, Luz and Amity were eating. Dinner at the Owl House was different compared to Blight Manor but the atmosphere, it was brighter and it made Amity feel more comfortable to be able to talk during a meal without judgement.

"You actually carried a yacht all the way here?" Amity asked Luz, impressed by her level of strength.

"Yeah, why, are you surprised?" Luz asked, flexing a little.

Amity chuckled.

"It's just... you don't look like the strong type." Amity said, "No offense."

"It's fine, I do look like I have weak nerd arms." Luz said.

"Arms that could crush anyone with just a single punch!" King shouted in excitement. "I wish I had that kind of power!"

"Yeah, that's just what you need." Eda said with an eye roll.

"It is what I need!" King said as Luz and Amity giggled at his reaction.

'How can something so small be intimidatingly cute?' Amity thought.

Luz smiled at Amity, glad to see her so happy after what happened.

'As long as you're here, I'll do my best to make you happy.' Luz thought.

She didn't know why she felt this way towards Amity, but she really enjoyed spending time with her, and she looked forward to spending more time with her while exploring this world more.

'Amity's so cool.'

Luz didn't know it but she was blushing a little as she saw Amity talking with Eda and laughing a bit. She didn't know that her friend had already become something more in her heart, like how her father feels about his crush for a certain news woman. Luz only hoped she wouldn't be like that, not when she finds that special someone. Once dinner was done, everyone retired to their respective rooms for the night. Amity and Luz sat and talked. Not just more about the justice league but about their own common interests. Just as Luz thought, Amity was a die hard Azura fan too.

"I have been through space and I've never met another Azura fan." Luz said.

"I know, right? Even if the words are flowery, the plot is interesting, the art is inspiring, and the way you feel about it are beyond comprehension.

"It's amazing." Luz said, "You know, my dad actually got that for me when he... learned about me."

Amity could see the slight wave in Luz's demeanor, meaning that this was a rather uncomfortable topic for her but tried not to show it.

"Hey, you can talk to me about it if you want." Amity said.

"It's nothing... it's just... I was the result of a drunken one night stand, my dad didn't know about me and I was always made fun of because of it." Luz said, "When my powers started to come in, my mom was so afraid of what would happen to me, and what I might do... it was a scary period of time."

Luz looked at her hands, remembering when she broke nearly everything with her uncontrolled power. Something she was brought out of when Amity placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Hey, I think you're pretty cool." Amity said.

Luz smiled again at Amity and placed a hand on her shoulder in return.

"Thanks, you're pretty cool too. The real you." Luz said with a smile.

Amity's smiled deflated.

"Yeah... the real me... I don't know if that version of me exists anymore."

"Really? Because, I've been seeing her since I took you into space." Luz said with some charm.

"It doesn't matter what you've seen, I've done horrible things in the past and it hurt people I care about."

"Maybe but judging from how you sound, it was never your choice was it? It was your mother'?" Luz asked as Amity nodded. "Then it's never too late to make amends and put things right."

"But what if nobody forgives me?" Amity asked.

"I don't know but the first step in getting others to forgive you like I have, is to forgive YOURSELF." Luz said with a smile.

"Are you naturally optimistic, or does hanging around superheroes teach you that?"

"Hard to say." Luz said, "I know I didn't learn it from Batman."

Both of them chuckled at the joke, feeling better about Amity's chances of redemption thanks to Luz.

"So... want to read Azura?" Luz asked.

"Do Azura and Hecate belong together? Yes!" Amity said with a nod.

Amity blinked and Luz had the Azura book.

"Wow you're fast." Amity said.

"Thanks. I don't know if you have them here but like dad, I'm faster than a speeding bullet." Luz said with a joking tone.

"What's a bullet?"

"Nevermind that."

For the next hour or so, they read Azura together aloud. Trading theories, their choices of voices for characters, and just having fun together before falling asleep. When they did fall asleep, they were both holding each other in their arms. Somehow, they didn't know how, but they both had the same dream of being superheroes and fighting crime together. Luz was known as "Supergirl" and Amity was known as "Abomination."