Ch. 8: Friend

Luz entered the hallway.

"Amity? Amity, where are you?"

Luz looked around and saw Amity silently crying in a dark corner.

She quietly walked to Amity and sat down next to her, not saying anything until the witch girl was ready to talk or until she noticed Luz.

"....Why are you here?" Amity asked, noticing Luz but not looking at her.

"It wouldn't be right just to leave when you need someone to talk to." Luz said to her.

"Even after I tried to kill you? Are you insane?" Amity asked her.

'Not like you could anyway.' Luz thought.

"People have been trying to kill my dad for years." Luz said with a shrug, "Kind of used to the whole, 'trying to kill you' thing."

"Then you're insane." Amity said to her.

"Maybe but that doesn't mean I'm heartless." Luz said as she put a hand on Amity's shoulder. "For what it's worth, I think you are powerful enough without that glyph. You didn't deserve to be used for a dirty trick like that."

"D... did she not think I was good enough?" Amity said, "Am I not strong enough to win a simple witches duel?"

"I think it was more that Belos wants me for some reason. I mean, I've never even meet him or done anything bad." Luz said to Amity.

"Why are you even still here?" Amity asked dejectedly, "You won, you're free to leave."

"I'm not leaving as long as you need someone." Luz said, "I'm taking a guess, you had a thousand expectations placed on you? You can't be your real self and have to act a certain way?"

"So what?" Amity asked, looking away from Luz.

"Because I know what it's like." Luz said, "I live in a world of humans, while only being half human. I have to be careful holding something as small as a pencil or I might break something."

Luz looked at her hands, remembering the first time she used her super strength and nearly broke the bathroom sink!

"Why are you even here?" Amity asked.

"I... don't know." Luz said, "One minute I was heading to my dad's home for the summer, the next I'm crashing through something and temporarily black out."

"That's strange, it's like you were..... taken." Amity said to Luz.

"Yeah, now I'm stuck here... with no way back to my mom, or my dad, or anyone that I actually know." Luz said, as tears started to form, "I... I just want to get home."

Now, instead of being the one to comfort a crying Amity, Luz was the one that needed comfort since she was the one about to cry now. Luz felt a hand on her shoulder and looked over to Amity.

"I'm sure you'll find a way back to your world. You're a strong person." Amity said, "I have to get home."

Amity got up and started walking to the exit.

"H-h-hey, do you... want someone to walk you home?" Luz asked, with a small smile.

"I... sure." Amity said.

Amity didn't know why she said yes but she felt kinship with Luz after they both shared their feelings. Luz and Amity walked out of the Covention and walked towards Amity's home.

"So, what are you able to do? Because you said you're only half human and I know I saw you move faster than I could blink." Amity said.

"Oh, well if you want to know, I'll tell you but you can't tell anyone." Luz said to Amity. "Especially Lilith since-"