Ch. 16: Tremors

Elsewhere, Lilith was trying to figure out why this human was able to beat her top student so easily. She had acquired all known knowledge of humans in the Boiling Isles, which was much more difficult than she thought since the last human that appeared was long since dead from 300 years ago. Still, Lilith was looking over all documents on humans for any instances of the powers she saw from Luz.

"That girl was strong and fast, nothing mentions humans being able to do something like that!"

'Should I got to the Emperor about this? No, no he would just say I'm being ridiculous but if someone was steaming the duel on Penstagram, I could back up my evidence.' Lilith thought as she pushed a book aside.

She pulled out her scroll and started looking through it. She typed "Covention Duel" in the search bar and waited for any results to show up. No surprise, a lot of options popped up. Now Lilith just had to narrow her search down to today's date. She saw a picture from the fight, seeing Luz move like a blur. Faster than any witch could move. Not even lightning magic or teleportation rushing could move as fast as this! Yet Luz was able to pull it off!

"This girl can't be human."

She continued to watch, but in slow motion, as Luz displayed great strength as well with a small glimpse of beams coming from her eyes to cut off an abomination's arms.

"What the?" Lilith asked, "She's... she's not human."

Lilith was adamant about this but with this video and her theory, she had to report this to Belos. To her, Luz was a dangerous individual and she needed to have measures taken for the protection of others. But she may not be able to before Luz does what a hero does best... help people.

The next day, Luz and Amity were walking around Bonesborough.

"Thank you for coming with me for some errands." Amity said to Luz.

"It's no problem. Besides, we need to get some things for you as well. Like a tooth brush and some other clothes." Luz said to her.

"Yeah, don't remind me." Amity said, thinking about that awful outfit that Eda came up with, "Seriously, even I know Humans don't wear things like that, it's like she fell into a dumpster and came out like that."

"Yeah, she's not the best when it comes to fashion." Luz said.

They walked by a stand of Crystal balls, with a special news alert.

"Good morning, Boiling Isles." The reporter said, "We have received word that there will be tremors today in the Bonesborough area. Please remain calm and stay in either open areas or secured structures."

"Tremors?" Luz asked, stopping and looking at the broadcast.

"We haven't had a tremor on the Isles since I was a toddler." Amity said.

"Can you tell me how bad it was?" Luz asked.

"Hmm, from what I remember, very bad." Amity said to her, "A lot of people died that day. It was one of the worst tragedies in the history of Bonesborough. I can imagine those beginning again."

"Don't worry, you'll be okay." Luz said, "I won't let anything hurt you."

'Or anyone else if I can help it.' Luz thought as they continued along their way.

"So, you know better this place better than I do." Luz said, "I've only been here a few days."

"Sure. The bazaar is just this way." Amity said to Luz, pointing in the direction.

"Lead the way." Luz said.

Amity lead Luz through the bazaar, going through the various shops to get everything that Amity needed. The two had a laugh as they stopped by a food stand for some lunch, one that Amity promised had something for Luz to eat. She may have been half alien but she was still cautious of what she could eat.