Ch. 17: Preparations

Meanwhile , Luz and Amity had returned to the owl house after fully repaired the collapsed building.

"You did good, Amity." Luz said.

"Thanks but you did most of the work. I only brought the Construction Coven witches to you." Amity said with a smile.

"Small things like that have a huge impact on the reputation you can give to the community." Luz said.

"Again, are you naturally this optimistic?" Amity asked with a smile.

"I'm going to say, maybe." Luz said with a nod.

"Hello! Did you guys feel that crazy tremor?" Hooty said to them.

"Yeah, it was pretty big."

"Had a bit of a building fall on me but I'm good." Luz said with a shrug.

"So, is Eda home?"

"Yeah, she's just fixing up the things that fell inside of the house." Hooty said to them.

"Well, we can help with that." Luz said.

"If you say so. Hoot." Hooty said before opening the door, letting them in.

Just as predicted, the entire house was a mess and Eda was doing her best to clean it with King.

"There you two are! Get in here and help us clean up!" King said to them, sweeping up some broken glass.

"OR...." Luz said as she popped her knuckles. "Sit back and watch what super speed can do."

Before they could even blink, the house was clean.

"All done." Luz said as she clapped dust off her hands, seeing Eda's and King's shocked faces. "Everything broken has been thrown out, everyone knocked over gas been put back, and everything unorganized has been organized. Especially the weapon room."

"Wait, what? I had my own system there!" Eda said to Luz.

"Trust me, you'll like it." Luz said.

"And where are my bags?" Amity asked, looking at her hands.

"I put them in our room." Luz said with a smile.

"I will never get used to how fast you are." Eda said.

"Me either but at least the house is clean." King said as he went to watch the crystal ball.

"Yeah, that is a good thing." Eda said before going off to check her weapon room.

"So, do you always clean like that?" Amity asked.

"Sometimes, why do you ask?" Luz asked Amity.

"Just thinking how much of a timesaver it is. Plus, you could put a lot of cleaning businesses out of business." Amity said to her.

"Well, kind of have to keep those powers a secret in the Human Realm." Luz said, "So that won't happen anytime soon."

"Not since you revealed your powers to a few people in town." Amity said to Luz, reminding her.

"Well, I don't have any enemies here." Luz said.

Amity had to agree but that also made her worry. Everyone has enemies, whether they knew it or not. And Luz didn't know just how many enemies she was slowly getting. Such as Odalia, who was preparing her new weapon. Something that will destroy that human tomorrow.

'Just you wait human! Tomorrow, you will die and I will reclaim what you took from me!' Odalia thought as she watched Alador work.

'I never should've married this crazy bitch.' Alador thought, 'Hopefully the failsafe I put in this will stop her madness.'

No good inventor creates something without a fail safe, just in case it was used against them or against their original wishes. Hurting a teenage girl with super powers was AGAINST what Alador wanted. And if Odalia would go through with this, then he would use it.

'Human, whatever you are, I hope you're ready for what this will bring to you.' Alador thought as he finished his job, shamefully.

"It's done, Odalia." He said to her.

"Excellent."

Odalia smiled widely at the weapon, rubbing her hands together as she walked to it.

'With me piloting this, that human won't know what hit her. And Mittens, she'll be put back in line like a good little girl.' She thought.