Ch. 11: Plans

Elsewhere, Belos was looking at his new staff top when Lilith came in.

"You called for me, your highness?" Lilith asked, still feeling shame for what she did to Amity.

"I heard what happened at the Covention." He said, "You failed to get the girl."

"Yes....I did." Lilith said as she looked down in shame. "I also think I just lost my best protégé."

"The young Blight? I suppose but worry not, she's not the only talented witch in her generation. There's more than one fish in the boiling sea, as they say." Belos said to her.

Lilith gripped her hands in anger, hating how valid he was about Amity! She raised her hair to retort but was entranced by the new top to Belos' staff.

"Your grace, what is that?" Lilith asked.

"A gift from a new friend." He said, "A person who wants that girl brought in just as much as I."

Belos held up his staff for Lilith to see, it shines bright green as she left the unique energy coming off it. It was so unlike his last red one, almost something entirely different.

"It's magnificent, isn't it?" Belos asked, "I hope you think so, because if you fail again you'll get a personal view of just how magnificent it is... do you understand?"

Lilith gulped before nodding.

"Y-y-yes... Emperor B-B-Belos."

"Excellent. Now away with you, please. I would like some time alone to test my new staff." Belos said as he waved his hand.

Lilith bowed and left the room.

"She's such an insignificant thing." Darksied said, walking out of the shadow, "She could be destroyed with a simple Omega Beam."

"As long as Lilith has a purpose, she will live. After she's fulfilled that purpose, we can eliminate her." Belos said.

"Such a shame, it's rare to find such a loyal woman." Darkside said as he looked over the isles. "But it is just as you said, there is more than one fish in the boiling sea."

"Indeed, and when I give over control to you, you can find any of them." Belos said.

Darkseid nodded to him as he looked over Bonesborough, a whole new world for him to claim with a new generation of Parademon and Furries to enforce his will. But first, he will need his FIRST new Fury, the daughter of Superman, once she is done being used by Belos, she will be perfect... if she survives.

'Soon I'll have that Kryptonian right where I want her.' He thought.

All he had to do was FIND her and trap her. Which is easier said than done.