Ch. 9: Freeze

She landed outside the Owl House and walked in.

"Hey, Supes, how was your day at the Brainwashing Covention?" Eda asked.

"Uh, I humiliated your sister in public." Luz said, "And I might've made a new friend."

"Humiliated my sister? I missed that?! Explain, now!" Eda said with a smile. "Don't leave out any juicy details!"

"She wanted to arrest me, had to fight her student, and I caught her cheating and exposed her in public." Luz said.

"All at the Covention?! Damn it, now I wish I had gone! This is the best day!" Eda said as she got up and began doing the cabbage patch.

"Yeah, well, it's been a long day, I'm going to bed." Luz said.

"Bed? But it's just 4:30pm." King said to her.

"Then I'll just take a long nap. Call me when it's time for dinner." Luz said to them.

Luz went to her closet and was about to fall against the sleeping bag... but then remembered what happened when she tried that back home and fell through the floor.

"MY CEILING!" Eda shouted, seeing Luz land in the pantry downstairs!

"Sorry!" Luz quickly apologized, "I can fix that."

"YOU BETTER!" Eda shouted at Luz, upset that Luz crashed through the ceiling for no reason!

Luz quickly got the ceiling fixed in a few seconds.

"There, all..."

Luz heard something... Amity was in trouble.

"I have to go." Luz quickly said before flying to the back door and busting it into splinters! "Sorry!"

"The backdoor too?!" Eda shouts in shock!

At Blight Manor, Amity was on the ground, with a bright pink hand print on her cheek.

"You lost to a human!? How could you be such a disappointment!?" Odalia screamed.

"She wasn't a normal human and that match wasn't fair from the start! Lilith made me cheat!" Amity shouted back at her mother.

"It's downs matter if you cheated, you should've won! A Blight should NEVER lose to a weak human!" Odalia said as she roughly dragged Amity from the floor, "I can't believe you would disgrace the family like this! I'm going to-"

"Leave. Her. Alone." Luz said.

Odalia and Amity turned to the voice and saw Luz floating before them with her eyes glowing red, glaring at Odalia.

"Luz?" Amity asked in surprise as Luz got a full view of the handprint in her face.

"You HIT your own daughter for ONE loss?" Luz asked Odalia, already hating her.

"Get out of my-"

Odalia was cut off when Luz fired her heat vision, just missing Odalia by a hair's length.

"If you so much as touch her again, I promise I won't miss." Luz said, "And trust me, I. WILL. KNOW."

Luz floated closet to Odalia, making her reel back as she let go of Amity out of fear.

"W-W-What are you? Yo-You're suppose to be a human, powerless." Odalia said with a shiver.

"That was your mistake, because I'm not fully Human." Luz said.

She moved closer, pinning Odalia to the wall. Luz threw a fist, putting a hole in the wall next to Odalia's head.

"That was wood, and I wasn't even using a fraction of my strength, imagine what can happen if I unleashed on you."

Luz removed her fist from the wall and moved away from Odalia, leaving her shivering in place as she looked at the hole Luz created with her bare hand.

"Are you alright?" Luz asked as she helped Amity up.

"I... I will be." Amity said.

Luz picked up Amity, surprising her.

"You will be fine, after I take you somewhere safe." Luz said.

"What?" Amity said in surprise.

"Excuse me?!" Odalia asked before shuttering under Luz's glare again.

Luz turned back to Amity and gave her a kind smile.

"I can't just leave you with you staying in a place that's obviously not safe for you. Physically or mentally." Luz said to her.

"I'm taking you somewhere safe, somewhere no one that want's to hurt you will be." Luz said, "And just incase someone wants to try and find you."

Luz used her breath and froze Odalia, stunning Amity.

"Don't worry, she'll thaw out in an hour." Luz said, "Now let's get out of here."

Luz flew out of there, no sooner, Edric walked through the room and saw Odalia.

"When did mom get an ice sculpture of herself made?" He asked

He shrugged and walked passed her.

"Mmmmmm!" Odalia let out from her frozen body.