Ch. 12: Talk

At the Owl House, Luz and Amity were talking. Amity had asked more about Luz's world and about the Justice League. She wanted to see how it compared to the Emperor's Coven in terms of protecting people.

"They protect people from danger, both on earth and from other planets." Luz said.

"Like your whole universe?" Amity asked her.

"Yeah. They try all they can to save everyone they can, nobody is left to suffer if they can stop it." Luz said.

"There's a lot of members, but the core/founding members are Batman, Flash, Wonder Woman, Hawkgirl, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, and my dad, Superman." Luz said.

"Interesting names." Amity commented.

"Trust me, there's an origins story behind all of them." Luz said with a grin. "Some edgy, some tragic, some almost like destiny. It almost makes Azura seem boring."

"No way!" Amity said, thinking it was blasphemous.

"Oh, I'm serious." Luz said, "My dad was a baby sent to earth before his planet exploded. Wonder Woman comes from an island of female warriors."

That thought got Amity to blush.

"Then there's some of the more tragic stuff, like Batman. I hope he doesn't learn about me telling you, because he doesn't like talking about it, but when he was a young boy, no older than eight, his parents were murdered in front of him."

Amity gasp as she put her hands over her mouth, not expecting anything like that.

"That's awful." Amity said, feeling sorry for Bruce.

"Yeah, like I said, a lot of them have been through a lot." Luz said, "I hope they're doing okay. They must be worried."

"I'm sure they're doing whatever it takes to find you."

"Yeah, I hope so." Luz said as she frowned a bit. "Honestly, I thought three of the league's magic users would've found me by now. Their names are Zatara, Zatanna, and Dr. Fate."

"I'm sure they're doing their best." Amity said.

"Yeah, I know but I do hope it's enough." Luz said as she looked out the window, wondering.

In the Human World, in the Watch Tower, the founding Justice League were discussing what to do.

"Is there anything new? Anything that we could use as a lead?" Superman asked everyone.

"Perhaps there it." Martian Manhunter said, "I've been analyzing the area of where the portal opened and found remnants of cross dimensional particles. It may take a couple of days, but we may be able to open a portal to her location."

"That's great news." Superman said with a smile.

"We'll also have to prepare if what's on the other side is hostile. We can't be too careful." Batman said.

"Agreed." Hawkgirl said with a nod.

"That comes the problem." Martian Manhunter said, "I can make a portal with time, but it will only allow one person through. It will take longer to make a fully operational portal."

"So... only one of us will be able to go through if we do this." Wonder Woman said, "Who will it be?"

The entire table went quiet, leaving for most of them meant they left cities at the protection of the Justice League, which was no small feat. There needed to be a lot of talk about this.