Ch.13: A Friendly Duel

In the Isles, Luz and Amity decided to have a small duel, a friendly one this time, before dinner.

"Alright, are you ready, Amity?" Luz asked her.

"Ready and this time, I'm going to try a different approach." Amity said, warning Luz.

"Yeah, so am I. I don't need to hide out here." Luz said.

"On three then. One." Amity said, drawing a spell circle.

"Two." Luz said, floating in the air a bit.

"Three!" Amity said before summoning abomination goo, forming a tendril around her arm and whipping at Luz.

Luz quickly flew up and avoided it, using her heat vision to cut the tendril in two. The first half melted into the ground, the second half reformed around Amity. Luz flew at Amity with her fists ready, punching her as Amity raised the goo to block/redirect the lunch away from her. Amity was knocked back dozens of feet, but didn't fall over, instead her feet made long lines in the dirt as she slide back.

'Right, super strength.' Amity thought as she summoned more abomination goo. 'Gotta be more careful with her punches.'

Amity used her abomination goo and formed more tendrils, this time, using them like whips. She whipped at Luz with high speed but Luz was able to dodge them with ease, moving closer to Amity.

'Got you!' Amity thought as she used another spell, a barrier of magic bars forming a dome around Luz.

Luz threw a punch... but reeled back when the magic burned her... very bad. Amity lowered the magic barrier and ran over.

"Luz, are you okay?" Amity asked.

"Y-y-yeah, but... kind of forgot that Kryptonite isn't my only weakness. Magic also has a bit of a dangerous effect on me."

"But my abomination magic didn't hurt you." Amity said as she used a healing spell on her hand, not much but enough.

"I guess it's certain types that hurt me more than others." Luz said.

"Well... maybe being around magic will make you immune to it." Amity said.

Luz chuckled.

"Maybe."

Once Luz's hand was healed, King came out of the door and called them both inside for dinner.

"Well, I guess we'll finish this later." Luz said.

"Yeah, maybe." Amity said as she and Luz got up, the former holding Luz's hand as they walked into the house.

Luz didn't think much about it but she did think it felt good as she hold Amity's hand back gently, unknowingly blushing a bit.