Epilogue

Death was needed for nature to be reborn. And as the cycle continued, Amaya was doomed to embrace her fate. Nature was made like that. It needed death to blossom again. Only through hell could you find paradise. Only through the dark sorrow could you feel the warmth of the sun rays on your skin.

A month passed since Amaya returned from her death. Since winter was chased away. Since life bloomed again in the Kingdom of Ornuv.

Lach had one knee down. He wore silver armor shining with the sun rays going through the large windows of the ceremony hall. His head was left uncovered, showing the dark crown of his head, his father's sword tight in his hand.

The hem of a yellow dress appeared in front of him, and he looked up to see Amaya standing grand with the sun-shaped gold crown on her head.

The ceremony hall was packed with Lords and Ladies from the highest ranks of the aristocracy. And Lach couldn't help but think that the last time he stood in this place with Amaya, he was a stableman, and she was a princess, and now she was the Queen, and he was soon to be a Knight.

"For your bravery, courage, and dedication to the Crown..." Lach's chest swelled with something he had never felt. Pride. "Be thou a knight. Before the Sun God witness." Amaya tapped on each of his shoulders with a sword. A solemn ambiance bathed the room as the witnesses all bowed.

Amaya extended the back of her hand, and Lach let his lips pose gently on her skin. When his eyes flickered up, Amaya was gazing at him softly. He stood up as the witnesses all bowed their heads.

Lach watched Bett, Kristina, and Ezri cheering him silently, his mother's gaze wettening over her clutched hand and his brother's wide-gap-toothed smile shining through. His chest expanded with pride.

The snow had melted to let place to a blooming green within a week of the return of the Favor, and the icy hearts thawed like the rest of nature. The sun reclaimed its place in people's earth.

Lach stood before a

shifting Lord Harrington, his face red and constricted as usual, with a purse full of gold pieces. "Here is your money," he said, and the man's constant scowling eyes opened wide.

"Sir Lach, I am sorry for what happened." The man juggled with his words. His long wife next to him was tight-lipped. Both couldn't look at Lach in the eye. "I understand if you want to punish us, but know we apologize for the words that left our mouths. This wasn't the truth of our thinking." Lady Harrington nodded quickly.

Lach stared at them, his stern features softening. He wasn't into vengeance. What was vengeance good for unless it was to continue a circle of endless violence. He nodded. "Lord Harrington, you might go." He said as he threw the pack of gold coins.

The man's eyes jolted open as he juggled to not drop the bag. "What- Sir?"

"This is the past," Lach kept his shoulders drawn up and his eyes steady. "You did well for my family. Here is the payment for the house. But now, you will leave my family and me alone, right?"

The man nodded quickly. "Your kindness is beyond Sir Lach. Madam." They bowed and scurried away in their carriage.

Lach sighed. He felt a touch on his shoulder and his mother's smile cast on him. Her features were less tired, as if her age was reversing. "You did great. Your father would be proud of you." Lach swallowed thickly before they went into an embrace. "So proud. Just as I am."

**

Amaya sat down in front of a vanity. She watched her reflection as if seeing the person for the first time, but it was undoubtedly her. Her curls, her eyes, her lips, her nose. But seeing herself so well-robed and shining with jewels felt almost foreign. She touched the sun-shaped crown ornamenting her hair, its gold shining and meaning heavy.