Chapter 2

~------------------------~

The smell of smoke invaded your senses. But something plush beneath you. Your ears ringing and a banging headache.

You forced your eyes open and saw... red. A red sky? You thought. That's weird. Then you heard voices. You Struggle to sit up, there's a couple standing in front of you. What the f-

"You alright dear?" The female looking one asked a souther twang behind her voice.

You looked around you still dazed. Underneath you a circle of bright grass. The rest of the 'grass' gray, burnt even. You looked at it confused.

"Dear?"

Startled you looked at her, "Yeah, I think I am... Am I dead?" You asked puzzled.

She nodded at you with a look of sympathy. "Yes, unfortunately dear" she spoke lightly to you.

You sighed and looked up, that's why the sky's red... I'm in hell. You looked back at her.

She smiled at you "I'm Sally and this grump is my husband John." He took a glance at you and huffed.

"(Y/n)" you said simply.

You continued to look around and saw a small house not to far, you guessed they live there. And beyond that, a large city. Fire was coming from it thought, so must not be peaceful.

You got a good look at her and her husband. They were Imps. Their horns big and curly. Sally had gray hair with a streak of black up in a bun, John was balding. What would be the white of your eye was Yellow, their pupils black. Sally wore a pink shirt gray cardigan and some black pants, John in just a flannel and kaci pants. There was a mark on Sally's forehead, some kind of tattoo? John didn't have one, strange.

"Would you like to come with us dear?" Sally spoke the souther accent pulling you away from your thoughts.

"Could I?" You asked wishfully.

She just smiled at you, holding a hand out. You took it and stood up. John grumped, mumbling to himself.

"Our house is just down ther', you can have a seat, some tea and tell us about yur'self." She kept a hold of your hand and started to walk.

As you walked the grass beneath you turned from ash gray to a vibrant Red. Like you were giving it life again. You looked down confused.

"You have powers my dear." Sally spoke as if reading your mind.

John followed behind you still grumping but also marveled at the grass.

~

The house was quaint. Kitchen and living room open to eachother. "You have a nice home" you spoke quietly.

"Have'a seat dear" Sally said gesturing to the sofa. It was adorned with knitted pillows, probably hand made by them. One was of the human moon. Some had hearts.

She walked over to the kitchen island "tea dear?" She asked getting a pot and some cups. "Oh.. yeah, if that's alright" you felt really comfortable. Sally had a mother aura about her.

"I shall put the kettle on then" she looked around to find John, him no where in sight. "Wait a sec dear." She walked to the front door and went out.

It was quite in their house. The sound of a clock and the electricity was all that was heard... Untill "John she's new! We have to help her!" You heard sally shout the souther accent really coming out. Making it difficult to understand her.

Then some grumbling from John. "They could help us! Since things are getting harder now..." Sallys words slowed.

A small "fine" was all John said.