Chapter 3

~------------------------~

You woke up to the smell of breakfast. Confused as to where you were for a second but then remembered, you were dead and in hell. You sniffed the air even more smelling toast and some eggs. Rolling over you got out of bed, opening your bathroom door.

You looked at yourself in the mirror, you didn't notice this but your hair is still the same colour but it has a single red strand in it. Blood red. It actually looks really cool. You combed your finger thought your hand as a way to brush it and make yourself look presentable.

Heading out of the bathroom you realised you might want to buy some clothes today while out. Might have to ask Sally about that. You bit your lip out of nervous habit. Then started to head out of your room down the stairs, taking wiffs of the smell of food.

It was just John down there, looked like he was making food for himself. "Morning John" you said walking by the kitchen side and sitting at the dinning table. You startled him slightly, making him jump a little. You whispered a small sorry.

"Your up early" he said flipping his egg. "it's rude to wake late while being a guest" you said with a shrug. "Huh?" He thought, as if that wasn't a thing in hell.

"You want some eggs and toast?" He asked walking over to their fridge. "if thats alright with you. I can make them myself if you want?" You said standing. He shooed you away, you smiled and sat back down. You watched him work the eggs and put the bread in the grill.

When they were done he put them onto a plate and sat down opposite to you, like last night. You smiled and said a small thank you before digging in.

You hummed in delight at them. "Good?" John asked looking up at you. "yes, they are delicious." You hummed and ate more. The more you thought about it, you haven't had a lot of small things in a while. The tea from last night, now eggs and toast.

The eggs weren't normal eggs, the yolk was blue. Still scrumptious either way. "What animal do these eggs come from John?" You asked intrigued but the origin. "chickens" he stated simply. "Have a farm" he added. "Ah alright, do you sell them?" You brought your fork to your mouth to take a bite. "Yes and no" he said with his mouthfull. Once he finished that bite he continued "In the cafe we own, we make breakfast there." He the continued eating. So that's why he was awake befor Sally.

After that you sat in silence eating your breakfast. The occasional clatter of cutlery filling the silence as well as the clock on the wall.

Sally came down just as you two finished. "You two are up early" she said walking by John, giving him a kiss on the cheek which he gave her one back. "I know why he's awake but why are you (y/n)?" She started to pour herself a cup of coffee out of the pot John boiled already.

"It's a sign of respect." You said sitting back holding your stomach full from the delicious breakfast. "Ah it would have been fine if you stayed asleep till the evening dear" she sat down next to you and John."Just means I can take you out shopping!" She said excitedly. John took her hand in his just holding it.

You smiled at them being all lovey in the morning. "(Y/n) how did you get John's pj's?" She asked realising what you had on. "oh sorry, they were in the chest of draws. Sorry if I wasn't allowed to wear them." You said pulling at one of the sleeves.

"I put them there" John said simply. Sally looked at him a little shocked. "So you do like them!" The smile on her face was contagious, one similar appeared on your face. You could see a small one tugging at the corners of John's as he looked at his wife. "We better get you your own ones today then." She stated also stealing a peace of toast from John's plate that was left over.