Chapter 10

~------------------------~

The weird birds what the first thing you heard. You squinted as the sky shone thought the window. You looked down to see the plushie you got yesterday, squeezing it, it made a small squeak. You smiled at it, snuggling into it.

It was a mix of your favourite animals. Looked weird but also cute. The man at the stand called it a 'thing'.

You got up, leaving your new plushie on your bed. Stretching as you walked over to your chest of draws, bones craking and popping. Making you groan as it felt great.

You pulled out a shirt and some slacks as you were going with John to the cafe today.

As you set your clothes down there was a knock ar your door. "You awake (Y/n)?" Sally said from the other side of the door. "Yeah, just getting changed!." You shouted back, taking your top off and changing it. "Alright there's breakfast downstairs, come down when your ready!" She said, then you heard her footsteps going down the stairs.

You quickly buttoned up your shirt and pants, also grabbing your boots. Then headed downstairs.

Sally and John were already sat at the table, eating their breakfast. You sat down, setting your shoes down next to you. "Thank you for breakfast." You said before digging in. Just the same old eggs and toast, still delicious though.

"You joining me today?" John asked, taking a sip of his tea. You nodded enthusiastically, "yep! I am, if that's alright?" You lifted a piece of toast to your mouth. "Your more than welcome." Sally said for John. He just nodded along.

You and John finished eating breakfast and headed out the door. A nice breeze hitting you. You two didn't talk on your way to the cafe, you hummed on your way there tho.

The streets looking even worse, seeing some rope on light posts. You tried to ignore how things looked, humming your tune.

Standing outside the cafe was Cece. She was looking down at her phone, looking at some social media.

"Morning Cece" John said, opening the door. "Morning, morning (Y/n)." She said, putting her phone away. You really needed to get one at some point.

You and Cece made small talk while cleaning the place. You noticed some wood scraps and tools laying around. Thinking nothing of it you put them in the cupboard out back.

John came thought to the front. "You two ready to open?" He asked walking round the counter. "Yep!" Cece said, putting away a cup.

He nodded and walking to the front door, unlocking it and flipping the sign.

"(Y/n) later on, I would like you to join me out in the kitchen." He then walked way and into said kitchen.

You looked towards Cece, she just shrugged. You wiped down one last table when the door opened.

They walked over to the counter, asking for a coffee. Cece made it and gave it to them, they paid and sat down at one of the tables. Then the morning went on, without a hitch. Or so you thought.

~

You were out back with John, helping with the pastries. He showed you the recipe for the dough and how to twist it.

"Cece needs you (Y/n)" He said glancing up at you. "What's wrong?" You asked setting aside the dough. "She's been punched." Was all he said.

Your eyes went wide, "I'll be back" you walked out the front, to see Cece holding her nose with some tissue.

"Cece?" You asked opening the door. "Hi (Y/n). Some prick punched me in the nose." She turned to you. Blood had dropped down to her chin.

"Why? Here let me help you." You asked walking closer to her. Taking the hand that held the tissue away. Her nose completely crooked. "I wouldn't give him free coffee." She shrugged.