One|Back to India!

Meera Singh

Coming back after a long period of time feels so good. Like the satisfaction of seeing your parents and family after longer period is such a nice feeling that one can't explain with simple words.

Just like I'm feeling now. Standing in the airport of Indore, my home place, I can't help but look around it with a big smile on my face. I missed this place so much.

"Wow. This looks great!" I heard Archie beside me and laughed. "It's just airport, Arch." I said. "Dude, I just can't wait to explore India, ok?" He said and I nodded. "Let's see where my family is!" I said and took out my phone to call my sister or one of my parents.

"Meeru!"

Before I can call, I heard my sister's voice and turn to see my parents and her standing not too far away from us. I smiled wide as they came near me and hugged my sister.

"Oh God! I didn't knew I'd say this but I missed you!" Sanya said and I grinned. "Same here! I missed you too. Mummy! Papa!" I hugged them too and I can feel my eyes tearing a little but I control it.

"Waahh I feel so good! Oh yeah! Mummy, papa, Sanu, meet Archie. My colleague and my best friend from Australia." I introduced Archie, even though they have met through video calls.

"Namaste uncle, aunty." Archie said and touched their feets but my parents hugged him. "There's no need for this, son. You're like Meeru to us only." Mummy said and I smiled. "Hey there Sanya." Archie hugged her as well.

"Hi Archie! It's so good to finally meet you in person. And let me tell you all those video calls don't justice your handsomeness." Sanya said and Archie flipped his imaginary hair while I rolled my eyes.

"Excuse me! Stop this. I'm hella tired and I want to go home and rest a lot." I said. "Of course madam Elizabeth." Sanya rolled her eyes and I stuck my tongue out at her. "Shall we go then?" Papa asked and I nodded.

All of us then move outside and towards my parents' car. We put mine and Archie's luggage in the back and took our seats with mom and dad at front while us three at the back.

"Indore didn't change at all huh." I said, looking out the window. "You're talking like you came after 10 years." Sanya said and I rolled my eyes. "Still! I'm coming after like 6-7 months!" I said and she just brushed me off.

"Wow, is that a cow roaming around on the streets?" Archie asked and I laughed. "You'll see that a lot here." Sanya said. "Really? Wow." Archie replied. "What will you two eat for lunch?" Mom asked.

"Anything will work maa! I just want to eat food made by you!" I said. "Me too. Meera made amazing food and now I can't wait to eat yoir handmade food, aunty." Archie said and my family look at me like I've grown two heads.

"Meera can cook? Like actual food without burning it?" Dad asked and I whined. "C'mon papa! Of course I can! I'm not the same Meera who use to even burn the rice." I said and my family laughed.

(Raise your hands if you have burnt the rice! 🙋I did, once.)

"That's a surprise for everyone." Mom said and I scoffed. "What can she cook, Archie?" Asked, mom. "She can cook aloo paratha, biryani, paneer and chicken curry and kheer." Archie said and I looked at everyone with a victory smile.

"Aree waah Meeru! Itna sab kuch bana leti hai? Sach sach bata kahi bahar se order karva ke toh nahi khilati na isse aur bol deti hai ki tune banaya hai?" Sanya laughed and I groaned. "Of course not! I make all of these in front of him only whenever he comes to eat!" I said and she laughed more.

(Oh nice Meeru! You can make all these? Tell truthfully, you don't make him eat all this by ordering from outside and saying that you've made it, right?)