Three|पंजाबी मुंडा

Meera Singh

I was sitting with Sanya when jiju, his brother and Archie came to us. Sanu and Jiju smile at each other while us three just stare at them. I then notice our parents along with jiju's parents coming to us, so I nudged Sanu.

"Beta, let's go and have dinner. We were thinking of scheduling your dates from a priest tomorrow." Mom said and I grinned. "Ok with you two right?" Jiju's mom asked and our couple nodded.

To be honest, I'm surprised my sister is being this shy and quiet. Like she is not like that. Absolutely not. But I guess she is in front of her in laws that's why she have gotten quiet. It's fine, it's all in the start anyways.

"Where do you always zone out!?" I heard Sanya and give her a smile. "Nowhere." I said and she just shake her head. "Now, you'll get married huh Sanu!" I said and she grinned. "I will!" She said and I laughed.

"So, now all your clothes will be mine because you'll but the new ones na." I said and she give me the sweetly fake smile. "In your dream, little sister. Because even if I buy the new ones, old ones will be mine only!" She said and I pouted.

"Meera, child, what do you work as?" I heard Jiju's mom and turn to her. "I work as a graphic designer, aunty." I said and she nodded. "In Australia, right?" She asked and I nodded. "Now that I remember, Chi-*throat clearing*, I mean Agastya is also going to Australia for some business." She said.

"That's great then Meera can show Agastya around." My eyes widen at that. Excuse me mom? "Yeah she can! She has been living in Australia for three years now, of course she can. In fact Agastya you can stay at her apartment too, she has two bedrooms." Sanya said and I mentally scoffed. Bitch what?

"It's fine bhabhi. One of my friend is in Australia as well, I'll manage there." Agastya said and I sighed mentally. Thank God and Agastya. "But I won't mind Meera showing me around." Nevermind, I'm taking my thank you back.

"Of course!" Sanya replied and I smiled. I'll see her later. As I was planning to kill my sister, I heard my phone ring and took it out to see Samika. Grinning, I pick up.

"Hello? Where are you!? Come soon bro!" Samika's voice came and I chuckled. "Yeah yeah I'm coming!" I said. "Yeah, come soon!" With that she hang up. "Chachi where is Riyansh or Ved? One of them." I asked.

"They are both with their friends, beta." Chachi said and I mentally cursed my two brothers. Now how will I go? "What happened?" Asked, Sanu. "I have to go to Samika's but Riyansh or Ved aren't here. You and papa can't go now. How will I go!?" I said.

"That's why it is important to learn how to drive!" She said and I rolled my eyes. "Stop lecturing me and give me the solution." I groaned. "What solution? Call Samika to get you what else?" Sanu said. "She is with her boyfriend there, c'mon yrr Sanu!" I said and she rolled her eyes.

"I-----" "What are you two whispering among yourselves?" Mom asked and we pulled away from each other. "Nothing--" "She wants to go to Samika's but can't become no one can drop her." Sanu said and I give her a fake smile.

"Ae lo! Enni chotti si gal? Agastya chodh dega." Jiju's mom said and I my eyes widen. "Oh no no aunty! I'll wait for Riyansh or Ved to come." I refused. "It's fine Meeru! Agastya will drop you, won't you Agastya?" Jiju said and he nodded. "Sure. Let's go." He said standing up and I mentally hit myself and my sister.

(Oh! This small thing? Agastya will drop you.)

I also stand up and turn to Archie, who was stuffing his face with puri chole. "Won't you come?" I asked. "Hm? No I'm fine here." He replied and I try to give him a sign but my best friend is dumb. Mentally groaning, I grab my purse and leave after bidding bye to everyone.

When Agastya abd I reached to his car, he opened the door for me and I tried very hard not to blush, which I might be failing.

"Thanks." I said, getting in. "Your welcome." He said while closing the door and came to driver's side then we drive to Samika's house, which is not very far.

There was an uncomfortable silence in the car, for me atleast. Just as I was thinking about asking him to play a song or something, he broke the silence.

"So, since how long you knew about bhai and bhabhi?"

"Uhm...after two months of their dating." I replied. "Wow. That long? I got to know about it a year later." He said. "Well, Sanu also didn't wanted to let me know but me being me I found out." I said. "And how so?" He asked.

"I was just walking through the door when I heard her being all lovey dovey to someone and that day I caught her." I said. "So, basically you were spying on your sister." He said and I gasped.

"No, I was not. It's not called spying. I was just passing by, she should have--" I stopped speaking when I heard him laughing and turn to look at him before shaking my head. "I was just kidding." He said. "Yeah, I got it." I said, chuckling.

"To be honest, I'm happy my brother get a girl like your sister." Agastya said and I smile. "Me too. I'm happy that she find a guy like jiju. He is just amazing and so caring! And most importantly he is Punjabi." I said and he turn to me with confusion covering his face.

"So, what if he is a Punjabi?" He asked. "Well, Sanu always liked Punjabi guys and wanted to marry one too so...." I said and he nodded. "What about you? Do you like Punjabi guys too?" He asked and I looked at him with my eyebrows raise.

"We have arrived." "Huh?" "We have arrived, Agastya ji." I said, with a smile at he stopped the car. "Thank you for giving me a ride." I thanked, getting off the car and he nodded. "Your welcome." I then turn to leave but turn back and knocked on the car window.

"Actually, yes." I said. "Sorry?" He said. "Mainu vi pajābī muḍē pasada hana" I said in Punjabi and turn around to went inside with a smile on my face. "Hello people!" I called out. "Meeraa!!" Samika yelled and came to hug me.

(I also like Punjabi guys.)

"Namaste uncle, aunty. Happy Diwali!" I wished and take their blessings. "Happy Diwali beta. You finally got the time to come home huh?" Aunty said and I grinned, sheepishly. "Go and enjoy with your other friends, go." Uncle said and Samika dragged me towards her room.

"Why didn't Archie came?" She asked and I rolled my eyes. "His food is more important to him." I said and Samika laughed. We then entered her room and I was surprised to see our friends from school there as well.

"Hey guys!" I greeted. "Omg, Meera is that you!?" Shiv, one of really good friend said and hugged me. "I can't believe it's you, Meeru!" Bhavna, one of other good friend also hugged me.

"It's been so long huh, Meera." Said, Ankit and I hugged him before hugging other two friends as well. "And now, finally! Meet Nakul, my boyfriend." Samika introduced, interlocking her elbow with Nakul, who gave me a smile.

"So, you're the one who stole my friend's heart! Nice to meet you, Nakul. I'm Meera." I introduced and step forward to hug him. "Believe me when I say I know. Because I really do." He said and I chuckled.

"I bet Samika have told you everything about us." I said. "She, sure did." He said. "But she didn't told me much about you two! So, now you have to tell me everything." "I'd be glad to." He said and we started talking. Samika joined us later as well.