Fourteen|Arcade

Meera Singh

"What the F!? For real!? Finally!!!"

Samika yelled loudly in my ears, hugging me. It's almost evening when I told her about the morning incident that took place in my kitchen. I blushed and hugged her back.

"I'm so happy!! Finally you two will go on a date. I was tired of you two simping over each other in secret!" She said and I looked at her, confused. "Two?" I asked. "Oh, that! I already knew Agastya likes you." She said and I gasped.

"You bitch, yet you still didn't tell me and let me get all jealous!" I hit her hand and she laughed. "It was fun! Anyways, where are you two going for date?" She asked. "I don't know, he didn't tell me." I shrugged.

"Oh, God! Then ask him. You've to get ready too!" Samika hit my head and nodding, I went downstairs to find Agastya. I saw him sitting in the lawn and doing something on his laptop. I clear my throat to grab his attention, in which I was successful as he looked up at me and smiled.

"What is it Meera?" He asked. "That....that I wanted to ask where are you taking me this evening as I wanted to get ready accordingly." I said, fidgeting with my fingers. "Hmm. I can't tell you, it's a surprise. Just wear something casual and comfortable!" He said.

"But--" "Nope. You're not getting anything more than that." He said and I pouted. "Fine!" I said and was about to leave when he pulled my wrist and the next second I was on his lap. My eyes widen as I turn to look at him.

"What are you doing?" I asked. "Hugging you." He smiled. "Aren't you getting a little too comfortable, mister?" I asked, playfully raising my eyebrows. "So, what if I am?" He said and I shake my head. "Leave me. I'm hungry." I said, wiggling to leave.

"We ate lunch not too long ago." He deadpan. "Yeah and? I'm hungry." I said and he shake his head. "You and your hunger." He said leaving me. "Meet you on the date. Bye bye." I said and leave inside.

"So? Where's he taking you?" Samika asked as soon as I stepped inside. "He didn't tell." I pouted. "Uh-uh. Wait, I'll ask him and make you ready accordingly." With that she leave while I started scrolling through my work stuff.

Five minutes after, Samika came to my room and straight went to my wardrobe making me confuse. Did he tell her? Did he? Putting my phone away, I followed her to my wardrobe where she was literally and I mean literally throwing my clothes here and there. Excuse me?

"Did he tell you where he is taking me?" I asked. "Uh-huh." Comes, her reply. "And why's that? Why I don't know and you do?" I asked. "Because I'm not the one for whom this surprise is plan for." She said and throw me light blue top with puff sleeves and a light blue denim jeans.

"It's so casual. Are we going to some cafe or mall or something?" I asked. "Not telling you. Now, go and freshen up. And then we will be giving you the whole makeover." She said and pushed me inside the bathroom. Ok. Whatever.

I changed into it and then came out. Clapping her hands, Samika started helping me with hair and makeup and soon, I was ready. I didn't do much. Just very light makeup and for hair, I just let it open.