Nine|Sick

Meera Singh

I'm sick. Like really really sick. My throat is aching and itching like crazy. I have a runny nose and my body is heating up. Reason? Ice cream. I don't know why it happened because it is most likely not to happen but ugh! I don't like being sick. It's so tiring.

""What's the fun if you don't live a little?" How does it feel being sick now?"

I heard Agastya, who is standing near my bed side table with a thermometer to check my temperature. He came this morning when he didn't find me downstairs and saw me on the bed burning in fever and since then he has been nagging me.

"Shut the fuc- *sneeze* fuck up before I *sneeze* *sneeze* throw you out of this house." I said in my groggy voice. "Before that take care of yourself. J told you not to eat ice cream, didn't I?" He said and I whined.

"Just stop it, will you? I've heard this like 10 times since past one hour." I said wiping my runny nose in the tissue before throwing it in the bin. "Ok ok. Calm down. Your fever is not too much but is still high. So, take a rest and I'll take care of you." He said.

"No need. You have *cough* *cough* work. You shou- *sneeze* damn it! Fuck! You should go to your work." I said and he shake his head. "I can't leave you like this, Meera. Look at yourself. You're running a fever and no one is here to take care of you. So, let me, yeah?"

Agastya said caressing my head while his eyes were fixated on mine. It was like, I was in a trance and I nodded. He gave me his charming smile.

"Good girl. Now, I'll get you some breakfast then you can have your medicines. After that rest for a little." He said and I nodded as he went downstairs. I closed my eyes feeling it heavy but then my phone rang. I toom it to see Sanya calling. Ugh, another lecture!

"Hello, di and jiju!" I greeted both, surprised finding my jiju there. "What happened to you? Why are looking like shit?" Sanya said and I rolled my eyes. "Because I'm *sneeze* *sneeze* sick." I replied and muttering a small 'sorry'.

"Are you ok? Is it too much?" Jiju asked and I give him a weak smile. "It's fine jiju. I'll be fine." "You ate ice cream didn't you?" Sanya said and I made a face. "No. I did not." I lied. "She definitely did, bhabhi!" Agastya said coming inside and I glare at him.

"How many times I have told you to not eat ice cream at night!?" Sanya scolded. "It wasn't cold here!" I pouted. "Whatever! Now, look at yourself. Poor Agastya have to now take care of your tantrums." Sanya said and I scoffed but regretted it as I started coughing.

"Easy there, girl!" Agastya said making me sit up and rubbing my back to ease the coughs. "Here, drink water." He passed me a glass and I hiss, as it was a little hot. "I don't want to drink hot water. Take it." I said, giving it back to him.

"Drink the water quietly and don't show your tantrums." Sanya scolded from the other side and I whined. "But--" "Should I call mumma?" I, immediately, take the glass from Agastya's hand and started drinking the hot water.

"Don't worry bhabhi, I'll take care of her." I heard Agastya and internally rolled my eyes. "You better! I want my Meeru better till tomorrow." Jiju threatened and I laughed, which caused me to cough.

"I'm not a doctor, bhai." Agastya said and jiju replied with a 'whatever'. "Well I called you to inform that our wedding will take place in Jaipur! Isn't that exciting!?" Sanya said and I squealed before coughing.

"That's so great!! This is amazing!" I said. "I know right! I can't wait for wearing my dress and those jewelleries!" Sanu exclaimed getting a look from Jiju. "What about me?" He asked. "Yeah yeah you too!" Sanya teased and Jiju rolled his eyes.