Deery dear (Appalachian creature horror story) (remastered)

Warning: Blood, gore, cannibalism, mentions of nudity

Living in the rural part of Georgia was peaceful but quite lonely. My father worked long nights as a truck driver and my mom died when I was young. I'm left home alone often, the only thing keeping my company was my collection of books and the forest animals.

A deer would often come to my window, begging for food and being overall curious. I lived by the Appalachian mountain trails. I heard of a recent disappearance of a woman and her friend going hiking a few miles away from my house. Many think there is a spree killer on the loose. I was scared at first but I realized that if I just lock all the windows and doors, I'll be safe.

The light pattern of rain droplets falling was a soothing sound for me. The best part of living in the middle of nowhere is that no annoying city noises or city people coming to ruin the peacefulness.

I continued to read my book, a smile gracing my lips.

Suddenly I heard a thud on my window. I snapped my neck to the side to see what it was. I saw two glowing eyes looking at me from the outside. I realized It might be the deer I befriended. I was soon startled by a distressed noise come from the creature before it scampered off.

I was hit with the realization that the deer might be in trouble or hurt. I quickly got out of bed and put on some boots, a blue rain coat, and some extra supplies like bandages and food.

I opened the front door and stomped outside. The rain was fading but it was still wet and slippery. I cautiously walked about, trying to hear for the deers sounds. I heard a moan that almost sounded like a human that made me jump from my skin. I turned and saw a figure limping deeper into the woods.

I put on a brave face and walked into the direction the creature did. The sky and forest was pitch black, only the moon above illuminating the forest.

As I walk deeper and deeper into the woods, I heard a constant panting noise. I grabbed the flashlight I packed that I used for emergencys. I turned it on and looked around. I saw no sign of the deer.

Just then I heard a crack of a stick behind me.

CRACK

I whipped my body around and saw a tall and dark, looming figure staring down at me. The face deformed and ugly, the glowing white eyes, and the skinny and bony body of it. I dropped my flashlight and screamed bloody mary as I tried to run away.

The ground proved to be difficult to run on. I slipped and fell into the mud. I heard an inhuman screech before I was pulled by the leg and dragged across the rough forest floor. I was in shock, what was gonna happen to me? Am I going to die? What can I do?

Soon I got a lightbulb in my head and I turned and twisted before somehow getting free. The creature turned around but before it could grab me, I bit down hard on its leg. It let out a scream of pain before stumbling back. I looked down at my hand and saw black ooze soaking my sleeve and hands. I realized the creatures blood was black like tar.

I hurriedly got back up and started running. As I sprinted to were I saw the light of my flashlight, the creature galloped towards me on all fours before grabbing me by my coat. I screamed again before my vision was hazy.

The creature was on top of me, using its huge claws and teeth to tear at my clothes. I tried to kick, bite, and scream but the thing subdued me.

As quick as it tore off my clothes, it began to tear my flesh. I screamed until my throat was raw. Somehow I was still alive and conscious of this but I wished I wasn't. It only injured my legs and arms before carrying me somewhere. I blacked out.

......

I woke up in a dark cavern, only with a dimly lit lantern in the corner. I looked around to see corpses in different stages of decomposition. Bones and guts exposed, as if the creature was a picky eater. Most of the faces on the corpses were well kept and not mangled. One of the faces was the hiker that went missing a while back and a few more people who went missing months ago.

I heard the sound of something being torn and ripped apart. I couldn't move my hands or legs. I turned to see the creature humped over a fresh body, tearing pieces of their flesh and eating it. I gasped sharply and the creature heard me.

It got up and crawled towards me. I wanted to scream but my voice was gone. Its large clawed finger ghosted over the stomach. The creature was clearly smart enough to torture victims before killing them and was very sadistic.

Then I felt a sharp pain in my stomach before my eyes bulged out from my eye sockets...

It was pulling out my intestines, and I was awake to see and feel it all. It gave me a large toothy smile before...

..It all went dark.

A/N: I heard about missing 411 from one of my american friends so I read it and read about missing cases in the Appalachian trails and stuff so I wanted to write a horror story about it! If you guys have heard of Junji Ito (its a horror manga) and I want to make stories similar to them (you guys should totally check it out like damn-).

Hopefully you guys like this book and please feel free to give me ideas! You will be credited!