Antique memory... (demonic item horror story)

Warning: dead bodies, blood, violent depictions, kinda quick paced?

There was an old story of a wealthy family from 50 years ago that fell to ruin because of greed. They say that the family got a hold of an ancient prism crystal that drove all of them mad. The prism was said to hold great power when with a powerful conduit. I always felt as if the story was meant as a story for us kids in Sunday school to learn about the consequence of greed.

The rest of the story is that the house collapsed from a huge sinkhole, swallowing the family within as well, sealing their fate within the thick walls of their confinement.

But of course that's just a story, right?

No time to daydream right now, I have to finish unpacking. Me and my parents just moved into a big house. It was actually built on top of the old house after the filled the sinkhole. Despite its size, it was quite cheap! A very modest house with a nice interior and good environment.

I took the box cutter knife and began to cut open the first box. It was filled with pictures, pictures of me and my grandpa going fishing, me and my mom at the zoo, all the works. I sigh as I stare at the pictures. Everything was simpler back then, now everything is... out of place if that makes sense.

As I piled the pictures on my desk, I heard a creak from below me but put it off. My room was in a basement type set but it wasn't dirty or dimly lit, quite nice. I never liked a lot of light in my room anyway.

Then I heard a crack. I looked behind me to see a wooden panel loose a chard of wood. I was clueless this was here but I was more so focused what was glowing inside.

I walked up to it and tried to pry the door open but it would not budge. I resorted to grabbing a pole I found in my room and prying it open. A shiny blue pyramid was inside. The corners are plated gold, and gold detailing. It was beautiful, it felt like it was waiting just for me to discover.

I walked over to my desk that had a small window above so I could get a better look at the figure. It shined even brighter in the sun.

Just then I heard a loud crack and thud. I screamed as I fell into a large hole from under my wooden floors. It was dark and gloomy when I landed into a small living room type place. I guess they never tried to remove the bodies or house from the sinkhole. I saw the large decomposing remains of a man, sprawled along the floor, an axe still deep in his chest.

I gasped and held the pyramid close to my chest. The large house creaked and felt like it was gonna fall deeper into the sinkhole.

I slowly got up and made my way out the door to my right. I walked into a dining room like area, plates set neatly on the table and silverware sitting beside them. It all looked covered in dust. My eyes stray to the head of the dining table. One of the plates however was not covered in dust and looked recently used.

My head slowly turned to see 2 figures sitting near the head of the table, one sitting with their head tilted back, strands of what looked to be long and luscious hair remained, its jaw open. The other one was slouched and its head was buried in its bowl. I backed away, scared and fearful.

How? How are they here, what happened? I asked myself these questions but I soon bumped into some figure behind me. I shrieked and fell on the ground, looking up at the scrawny and pale figure. "You're disturbing my family's supper." The scratchy and hoarse voice said as it took steps towards me.

I looked closer, my eyes adjusting to the dark conditions. It was a pale old man who looks malnutritioned skeleton. It was terrifying to just look at him. His eyes flickered down to the object in my hand. "H-how did you get that?!" he exclaimed "Back off buddy, it's mine!" I shouted, pulling it closer. I don't know what came over me but why was I being so possessive?

I kicked him the stomach and got up to reach the dining table. I retrieved a steak knife before running up to the recovering man and piercing him in his shoulder blades. He let out a howl or pain. He grabbed my throat and tried to choke me. I dropped the pyramid and struggled with him for a few minutes. In our struggle, I knocked a lever of sorts and I heard whoosh sound.

The lever was for the chandelier. The chandelier was crashing towards us. I felt a sharp force in my stomach and leg. I looked at the man but he was under the chandelier, crushed bones and blood pooling under his body.

I got impaled, a far more painful death than what the man got. I looked at the pyramid and it all went black... That thing is hell. 

A/N: Picture found on pinterest! Not mine!