space

Michelle's POV

I'm at my hotel room now, and I don't even know what to do, every minutes I checked if Anntonia message me back, but she just left me on read.

'I know there's something wrong about it' I whispered to myself thinking what should I do.

'should I message her again? baka nakalimutan nya lang?' as I gaslight myself

yeah I should.

me:
hi
still no replies?
do you wanna come?
remember I told you, we should adventure more? Should we do it now?
or do you want me to teach you how to cook na? I'm free right now..
I guess you're busy, or sleeping?
I'll wait for you hmmm
Ann if you don't replied, I will come there.
I can't stand thinking about this..

I waited for a few minutes, but I still did not receive any messages from her.

aminin ko, I kinda miss her.

It's already 10:00 in the evening now, and I'm almost at my final destination, but before I was at my fd, I drive thru in mcdo so I can bring Ann some foods and drink. I even ordered her ice cream, you know, to make her feel better.

I'm at Rhian's house now, as I knocked through her outside door and her boyfriend opened that for me.

"Hey, what brings you here, come on, delikado dito sa labas, let's go inside nandon si Rhian." Rhian's boyfriend stated, I just smiled at him and followed him inside.

"honey, uhm, it's late na ah" Rhian said, and hugged me at the same time.

"Here, I just want to talk to, Ann, where is she?" as I give Rhian some foods for her and for her boyfriend, while I was holding for Anntonia.

"Thankyou, honey, she's still in the room, she still didn't even get out. Don't worry, I always checked on her, if she was doing fine." Rhian state

"So is she fine?" I said as I look through guest room door.

"I don't know, hun, she always told me that she is, but I feel like she is not. Can you talk to her?" concerned Rhian said.

"Yeah, I could. Excuse me then." I said and about to go in the room where Anntonia is.

"btw, her door is opened, you can come in" Rhian lastly said.

I'm here now, standing in front of the door, I take a deep breath and knocked.

"Ann, it's me, dedee, can I come in?" as I'm patiently waiting for her to speaks.

I didn't even receive any answers, that's why I opened the door already.

'I finally saw her again, I don't know if she was sleeping or just pretending?' thought of myself.

I sit in her bed, and started to speak again.

"Hey, I, I bring you some foods, I ordered some ice cream too, to make you feel better" I state and just stared at her while her eyes is closed.

"I'll put here in the table hmm, just in case you'll get hungry" I continued as I put her food on the table.

I take another deep breath, and I gently brushed her hair with my hand.

"Did I do something wrong? Let's talk about this please, we just started our friendship, Ann. I thought I would accompany you in your healing process? We can't be just like this. Can we please talk about it?" As I was still gently brushing her hair.

I didn't even heard something from her, so I decided to give her a little bit space and wait for her at the dining table.

"I'll give you a space, I'll let you think about it, hun." I kiss her forehead, as I step back and leave.

Anntonia's POV

Michelle still messaging me and I was just long pressing her message.

As I read her message that she would come to me if I didn't even replied, I got little bit nervous but still didn't believe her, time is running, and it's already 10:00 in the evening..

A few minutes later when I heard knocked on my door and heard a woman's deep voice.

I froze a bit and adjusted myself to pretend I was sleeping.

I heard my door opened.

no, fvck I forgot to locked my door, not now Michelle.

I can feel her next to me, she brings me food and brushes my hair with her hand, as she still speaking.

It made me hungry when I smelled the food that she brings me, but I still pretend sleeping.

and lastly, she speaks again, giving me space and I can feel her lips through my forehead.

After she leave, I can feel my fingers touching my forehead.

her lips, is.. is soft..

I adjusted my position as I sit and just stared at the food that she gave.

'you don't have to do this, Dee, I'm so sorry..' I whispered to myself as I was holding the foods.

few seconds of thinking I found myself eating the food she brings.

'I was so hungry, wtf'

I finished my drink, but I still feel thirsty, that's when I decided to get some water in the kitchen.

I didn't even think about if Michelle is still there, I was thinking about drinking some water, haha

I'm on the kitchen now getting a glass of water when I heard a footsteps coming through me.

I thought is was Rhian that's why I turned my back to see her.

As I turned my back, I saw her, Michelle.

I froze a bit and turned my back again, pretending I didn't saw her.

That's so stupid, right? hahaha

I feel Michelle hand's holding my wrist

"Hey, you're still avoiding me?" Michelle said in low tone.

I take a deep breath and not even turned around.

"I am not avoiding you, Michelle" I said not facing her.

"No more 'Dee? Dedee? hmm." Michelle said, and it break's my heart.

"sorry, Dee" I said, not meeting her gaze.

"Why aren't you replying to my messages? Even here, you are not getting out of your room, Anntonia, do we have a problem?" Michelle said, while her gaze focused on me.

I meet her gaze and started to speak.

"I'm just busy, I don't have any time to message you back, and I don't feel, talking to someone this time." I lied to her.

"should I give you some space?" Michelle said and just stared at me with her tired eyes.

my gaze flickered with unsteady emotions, I don't even know, what to say, I don't want to..

I take a deep breath and speak.

"Dee.." I said

"Hmm" Michelle just stared at me waiting for my answer.

"yeah, I think let's give each other space, I don't want you to make an effort more, I was just still busy and I don't want to disappoint you for always declining you." I said and just look through the floor.

Michelle touched my chin as she lifted up and met her gaze.

"If that's what you want, then I'll let you. I am just here whenever you needed me, Ann" Michelle state as she step back and leave.

My heart breaks into pieces, wanting to ran towards her and hug her tight, but my feet couldn't, I just stand there watching Michelle leave.

'What did I even do?' I thought of myself as my eyes get even more teary.