part 5| new jobs and acquaintances

They sounded nice :)

"Well bye! I hope to see you again soon!" Sam said waving as he left, colby I think then brown haired boys name was. Left with him, right by his side.

Thye immediately got stopped by tons of people. They gave autographs and pictures before walking down the street, and getting in a car, driving off down the road.

I really hope I see them again. But for now, I need to figure out a way to make money... I can...sing? No I've never tried. Mow lawns? Nope never learned..

What can I do?

"If everything alright?" The waitress asked gesturing towards my food.

"Yes, its great"

"Womderful! Heres your check!" She handed me some paper with alot of words on it, $3 29 cents. Do I even have any money?

Let me see..

I dig down in my pockets and search for any kind of money

Ahah!

"Uhm will 3 dollars work? I dont have any change.."

"Yeah! That's always fine! I just reccomend finding some where to work. Maybe at the thrift store?!"

The thrift store...hmm

"Yeah! Of course, uhm where..is it? I'm kinda new here.."

"Just across the street!"

"Really! What do I have to do to get hired?"

"I dont know. Never worked there before. You'll have to find out I guess!"

"Alright well thank you ma'am!"

"You're welcome!"

That was a really nice waitress! But finally! A job! Let's go see if I can work there!

I make my way across the street and see the building, in big letters it says:

JANIES THRIFTY STORE

Perfect.

It looks beautiful! Smells good! Normally thrift stores are messy, but this one is clean.

"Hello! How may I help you at..Janie's!?"

"Oh yes! Uhm I was looking for a job...?"

"Oh. Uhm- let me ask my manager!"

"Alright!" She walks off and i look around the store, theres countless racks of clothing, theres soft hoodies and jackets, sweaters and t-shirts. And croptops and bras.

Theres Jean's and sweatpants, skirts and shorts too underwear.
They have it all. Anything anyone could need! On the left side of the store is accessories.

Theres hats and beanies, to earrings and a piercing station. Its like a Claire's! But it's a thrift store!

Theres rings and tights. And shoes. Everything everywhere!
On the wall above the desk where that lady was sitting theres paintings and shelves, comforters and everything for your bed, pushed up against the wall. It's so pretty in here.

It smells like roses and vanilla in there, so sweet and welcoming!
I could stay here forever-

"Hey ma'am!?"

"Oh- yes! Can I have a job?"

"Well you can have a interview right now! Then maybe! We dont really have much staff so you might get hired on the spot!"

"Great! Thank you! So much! Really"

"Your welcome! Follow me!"

She leads me back to behind teh giant wall that was behind the desk, theres a little door there. Small, life a dwarfs door. But still perfect sized somehow.

We walk through and its very dimly lit and theres long narrow hallways. The small light that there is is flickers nonstop, but not to the point where I'd get a headache.

Theres boxes upon boxes, it's like a horror movie, or my old house..

She leads me to another backroom, and theres another tiny door, we walk through it and theres a very short lady sitting at yet another desk,

"Hello! Are you the lady that wants a job?"

"Yes! That's me! My names Ellea. You can call me Elle though!"

Shes very sweet, soft voice. Gentle, I like her already!

"Well you look like you can fold clothes and put them on shelves and racks! You're hired!"

"Wait- really!"

"Yes! Of course silly! We need people!"

"Wow- uhm- thank you! Ma'am"

"Of course!"
The lady who previously led me back there led me out. Thankfully. I would not have been able to find my way out

I'm so happy I got a job!

"So uhm- hows the pay?" I asked the little lady as soon as we made it back up to the front.

"20 dollars an hour. 8 hours in a day. 800 dollars every week. Paydays Friday."

"Wow! How do you not have more people!"

"Cause believe it or not, even though our store is big, everyone thi is we are abandoned somehow"

"I'll get word out that Janie's is not abandoned"

"Thanks! Taht would really help!"

I immediately got to work folding clothes, hanging clothes, sweeping, vacuuming. Wiping things off, just standard cleaning.

"Hey hey!" That voice sounds familiar...is that?

"Sam? What are you doing here? I thought you had to film with those people!?"

What. A. Surprise! At this point I've worked 6 hours so this is wonderful!

"Well I saw you through the window and thought I'd drop by! I'm about to head over and get somthing to drink you wanna come with? Me and colby can pay!"

"Really? That would be amazing! This is my first job. I'm excited!"

I look over at the lady at the front desk, she had earlier told me her name was pammy. Such a pretty name!

"Yes. Its lunch time anyways!"

"Thanks pammy!"

"You're welcome! Buh bye! See you soon"

"Of course! Bye! Let's go sam!"

I'm so happy! This is such a perfect way to end a day.

______________
Soo to the people that have read it how are you liking it? I hopeit's good! I'm trying to make very chapter 900 words so bare with me. It's kinda difficult man😭

-REMINDERS- follow for updates, and announcements. Remember this is my second book ever. Vote and comment so I know you're enjoying this story! Tell you're friends to boost please! Enjoy! As always see you in the next chapter.

~BUH BYE~