part 12| broken plate's and tension

"Good night, elle"

He closes the door and I pull down the blanket and hop in bed.
I feel as if I immediately start to doze off, or atleast my body does. I'm so tired from that hike. My body is aching, it hurts, especially my calfs. But atleast I got to see that beach!

I couldnt stop thinking about..

Sam.. he looked so good at the beach. I wish i could just kiss him. I think to myself as i turn over and furrow my brows in bed.

Gosh, hes such a sweetie too. I love him so much. But how can I tell him that? With that being my last thought I doze off to a deep sleep. Swirls of colors and lights appear behind my eyelids as a dream begins to form a world.

in The Dream☆

I blink my eyes and see the beach water infront of me. Colby dipping his feet into the water and sam sitting next to me. His hand inches closer to mine but I shrug it off as nothing.

He takes a deep breath in. "Elle?"

"Y-yes?" I tilt my head in confusion as I push a strand of hair behind my ear so the wind wont blow within my face.

"Do you..hm. Do you.. like me too?"

"I.. how did you know?"

☆•°•°•☆
I jolt awake to a knock at the door. I take a second to breath as I still feel the excitement of the dream.

I get up and open the door to see sam, my heart starts racing as I can only think of what he had said to me in my dream.

"Hey! Do you wnat some breakfast? We have some breakfast biscuits downstairs! They have cheese... sausage.."

I cut him off, "yes, sam. Of course I do! I'm always hungry."

"Great!" He holds out his hand to which I return with my hand in his. His hand is soft. But it still has some course spots on it. I love the feel of it on my hand though.

He leads me downstairs and I grab a plate out of the cabinet.

Then..

A thought hits me like a bolt, It feels as if it just stabbed me 20 times over. The surprise and shock I feel leaves me standing there, wide eyed. The plate slips out of my hand and crashes down to the floor. It flatters and statters around on the floor, it eventually shatters into a million pieces. A few pieces penatrate the skin on my foot leaving bloody scratches.

"Oh my gosh! Are you okay!?" Sam immediately rushes over to me and cleans up all the big pieces of the floor. He grabs me by my waist. "Jump" he says into my ear. I do and he lifts me up. My legs wrap around his waist. I close my mouth and swallow the saliva that had previously built.

"What happned?" He asks gently, providing a little bit of comfort.
He sits me down on the couch. I whinoer out a few words.

"What..what if they find me...?" It was the only thing that I could get out. I felt the tears well in my eyes. I feel in a state of shock. I'm terrified. Imagining the bloody horror that would come if..

My parents found me..

I shake in terror. Sam's odviously confused. But I cant speak. I want to but my vocal cords wont let me form words.

"Who? Who finds you?" He looks to me then to colby and they both look in confusion and shock at eachother.

Colby gasps and snaps his fingers and points at sam.

"Her parents?! She said they were really strict at the cafè"

Right on the spot colby.

"Their..m-more.. than strict.." tears fall down my face providing droplets on my sweater.

Sam gasps quietly. I think he guessed..

"Did they..?"

"Y-yes.." I cry more. I feel weak.

"Oh they arent gonna find you. I'll find them. I'll make sure they never try to find you, ever again" I know what hes getting at. I'm honestly not against it.

A good while passes and I calm down. I explain a good few things to sam and colby. Have a few crying sessions. But i eventually feel better and help clean up the plate. I open the trash can and colby dumps the dustpan full of broken shards into it.

"Sorry again"

"Its okay! You dont have to apologize!" Sam and colby both say.

"Thanks" I smile in return to their kind gesture.

"Always hon"

My cheeks flush a bright color of pink. Sam breathes out and shakes his head while it points to the ground.

I cover my cheeks and hide my face. He walks over and moves my arms slightly from my face.

"Hm. What?" He teases.

"Noothingg" he totally knows I'm lying.

But it also adds to the tension between us. I'm dying to break it and just kiss him as he towers over me. I look down again and he curls his index finger and lifts up my chin.

"Oh dont look away, pretty girl"

Holy fuck. I think to myself.

__________
Word count: 866