Part 6| Lunch and questions

You, sam and colby make your way to the cafè.
You are still super excited as it was unexpected. But you havent been paid yet?

Is sam going to pay?

"So what do you want Elle?"

"Oh uhm-"

"What can I get started for yall today? Oh hi ma'am! It's great to see you again!"

The waitress said recognizing me.

"Uhm can I just have a coke? I'm not super hungry right now."

"I'll just get a coke too."

"Oh sam you can get something else of you dont want just coke!?"

"No it's fine." He smiles warmly.

•°•°•°•°- 3rd person POV-°•°•°•°•
The trio sits and talks making jokes and laughing occasionally as they wait for their food.

The girl makes a joke about snails and how long they've been waiting quietly so she dosent offend anyone.

"Elle! Oh my gosh!" Sam teases and jokes laughing almost hysterically afterwards.
Colby sits on his phone not paying attention.

"You good colbs?" Sam asks careful to not disrupt him as he seems to have disassociated.

"Hmm? Oh yeah I'm fine. Just, hungry" well elle is not, well she is but she dosent want to seem like a pig infront of him. Eating all that would make her feel fatter than she already thinks she is.

"Well the food should come soon, Colby." Elle reassures colby.

A while passes and finally the waitress comes back with the food.

"If you dont mind me asking what took so long?" Colby asked. The waitress seemed hesitant.

"We just had some uhh- problems with the staff." She is breathing heavily. And shes sweating like crazy. Her arms are red. Like she was carrying something really heavy.

"Its alright. I was just wondering. Thanks though" colby says grabbing the plate of food. He eats it while sam and elle converse about this and that, and that and this.

They drink their cokes and get a refill. Colby finishes his food and the dishes get taken back, they speak more about why their food took so long and why the waitress seemed like that. But they didnt want to invade her privacy and the cafes privacy.

"I should probably get back to work now. Thanks for paying for all of this, by friday I'll be able to actually pay for stuff, I think I'm gonna save up for an apartment." Elle says while she throws away the empty coke can.

"Well that would be great! Where are you going to sleep until then?" That's a good question. One Elle couldnt answer.

"Well I, I dont know.." she seems worried now, but not the way sam is, hes never been worried for a girl, except for Katrina. But that was longer than 5 months ago. When they broke up.

This was new worry, a worry he hasn't felt for a girl, not even the same worry he felt for kat.

He wondered why he felt that way, why for her and not anyone else. Well except for colby, but there was good reasoning for that.

Sam walked over to colby and they whispered a conversation to each other. Before sam walked back over to Elle.

"What if- well I know this is kinda drastic cause we just met but I know you need it.."

"What?"