Part 11 Past And Present

Tsuna watched the entertaining scene before him. Reborn was messing with his students by stealing their food, Nori was yelling at Reborn and Soar was quiet and didn't voice his complaint. But for some reason out of the corner of his eyes he saw Nana glaring at him. It made him uncomfortable. He  decided to ignore it in favor of eating him breakfast. 

Nana was busy glaring at her son as he sat there eating his breakfast. He looked innocent but Nana would never forget the pain he caused her. He used to be so sweet, and shy. When he was little he used to hind behind her all the time. It was so adorable. Then he slowly became detached. He stayed locked up in his room most of the time; and whenever she went to check up on him he was always hiding in a corner in the dark. She thought it was just a phase, but she had this nagging feeling it was a lot more than just a phase. Then that happened. Her wold crumbled. Tsuna was in a mental hospital at the age of nine. Her younger son was off in the world with her husband since he was barely one. Now her youngest son was having physical therapy. Her husband was still ding whatever he's been doing. What was she supposed to do now, she felt like a single mother. I really should stop doing this, it's just making my anger worse. I need to vent my anger, she thought.

"Tsu-kun can you come here?" she asked in a sickly sweet tone. Tsuna looked at her warily, he felt that she was up to something. She motioned for him to come over so he did. "E-eh what d-did you n-" she slapped him before her could finish. The room became quiet as they looked at the scene.

Tsuna stared at Nana stunned as her held his swollen cheek. Her eyes were hidden behind her bangs hiding her wide eyes filled with a crazed glint. "You... you useless son!!" she yelled. Tsuna flinched. "You can't do anything, just cause problems. Do you love watching people suffer? " She grabbed him by the collar lifting him up up to eye level. She saw the terror in his eyes. "Oh so your scared now," she let out a dark creepy chuckle that sent shiver down everyone's spine, including Reborn. "Well now you know how I felt years ago, when YOU tried to destroy my family. Actually this isn't even close to the pain I felt!" She screamed. "My world was SHATTERED, into tiny little pieces," she stressed each syllable. "Over the years I've tried to piece my life together, but YOU keep getting in the way!! Why couldn't you just stay in the coma, but that would be a problem. I would have to worry about when you wake up to DESTROY my life all over again!!!! Then you'd do it again, and again, and again, until your satisfied. Well are you satisfied!" She shook him and threw him to the ground. "I wish you just died and went back to hell!!" she yelled and ran out of the room. 

Nori stared at where his mother used to be and his brother. Tsuna had curled up into a ball as defense. he rushed over to his side to check if Tsuna was alright. Sora, for once, rushed over to Tsuna without hesitation. "Tsuna, are you okay?" he asked worriedly. Tsuna peeked up at them and gave a teary smile.

"I'm fine," he said in a whisper. He pushed himself into a sitting position and let out a shaky breath. He looked at the faces of the people around him. Heck, even Reborn was worried, but not openly showing it. "D-do you really think I'm a pain?" he asked. They all seemed shocked by the question, but nobody answered. "I see," he mumbled. He gave a pained smile and left the room, leaving a depressing atmosphere in his wake. 

"Is your mother usually like that?" Reborn asked as he watched the retreating figure disappear upstairs. "I never thought she could be such a violent woman,"

"She usually isn't. Last time she acted like that was when I was six, she beat the crap out of a thug that tried to kidnap me and Tsuna," Sora informed. "She usually only acts scary when she feels threatened." They decided to leave the topic alone until after school. It seemed Tsuna would be be staying home today. 

They left for school and Gokudera was already waiting for them outside. "Hello Juudiame, Sora-sama!" he said excitedly. "Your brother isn't here?" he asked in confusion. Tsuna was always with them it seemed except when said brunette ran off after school.