Part 29 Star Child

As Bianchi continued to comfort Nana Nori got up to get the door. He rubbed his neck in annoyance, he was not in the mood for a visit. The knocks on the door became more frantic as he got closer and he groaned. "Hold up would ya!" he called out clearly exasperated.

When he opened he was surprised to find a kid who couldn't be any older than ten. He had dirty brown hair and large dark brown eyes. He wore a tattered coat and a striped scarf, but the oddest thing about him was the giant book he held. The boy held a book more than half his size close to his body and adjusted his scarf.

Nori sighed with his hand on his forehead. He didn't want to deal with the kid but he couldn't ignore the obvious distress the child was in. He crouched down to the kid's height and gave a very tired smile. "Hello there, how can I help you?" he asked sweetly.

The child flinched but nodded. Hugging the book closer to his body he looked behind him. Seeing nobody there he sighed. "Uh, a-are you Swada Nori?" he asked barely above a whisper. His voice sounded dry and scratchy as if he hadn't spoken in ages. He shifted his scarf again looking expectantly at Nori.

Nori was slightly surprised that the kid knew who he was but then he remembered, mafia. Sighing in slight annoyance he nodded. "Yeah, who might you be?"

The child let out a sigh of relief. "I-I'm Futa de la Stella, and I came seeking help." He figeted nervously and lifted his book for Nori to get a better look at.  "My rankings said you were the #3 in helping people..." he trailed off leaving the rest out. 

Nori gave the boy an odd look, "Rankings?" he asked in utter confusions. 

"Yes rankings," a voice from behind Nori informed. Reborn walked between Nori's open legs and up to Futa. "Ah, Ranking Futa, a pleasure meeting you," he said holding out a tiny hand.

Futa looked at reborn in amazement and excitedly shook Reborn's hand. "Wah, Reborn! The world's number one hitman!" he exclaimed in excitement. He internally fanboyed, Reborn was one of his idols. "It's such an honor!"

Reborn tipped his fedora in amusement, "It's an honor to meet an equaly talented mafioso," he smirked. 

Futa blushed in embarrassment pulling his scarf up and burying his face in it. "R-really?" he asked not buying it. "I-if you say so..." Futa then remembered the situation he was in. "Oh yes, I came for help!" He turned to Nori with a hopeful look in his eyes. "You see I'm currently on the run from some mafioso who want my book, so if it's not too much trouble, could you please help me hide from them?" he asked desperately.

"Book?" Nori didn't know what they'd want with some kids books he wouldn't question it. "Well come on in I guess!" he stepped aside to let the kid in.

Futa smiled gratefully and gave a soft laugh. "Thank you so much! I'll do whatever I can to repay you!"

Nori smiled faintly as he closed the door. "It's no problem." Nori sighed heavily and frowned. "Although... We could use your help."

Futa nodded determined to help however he could. "Of course!"

Nori lead Futa to the kitchen where the atmosphere hadn't improved. Nana had calmed down but she looked lost. Bianchi was rubbing circles on Nana's back and saying encouraging words to the woman. The words were empty but hopeful.

Nana looked up and smiled weakly. "Oh, Nori-kun...you brought another friend I see." She waved at Futa the best she could but her whole body felt like it was on the verge of falling apart.

Futa frowned. He hadn't expected the situation to be this bad. He was sure the new Vongola was supposed to be the mirror image of perfection. "What happened?" he asked carefully.