Part 20 Choices Of The Broken Spirit

Basil was nervous... today was the monthly report. Report of what exactly... the report for Iemitsu's family. Every month the CEDEF did a report on how the Sawada family was holding up. For the most part it went well but almost always ended badly. Why you may ask. One reason, Sawada Tsunayoshi. Iemistu hated hearing about his oldest son. Any good news about Tsuna turned into horrible news for Iemitsu. The only time it ended nicely was if they got a report that said something bad happened to Tsuna. Like the time Tsuna broke three ribs. Iemitsu rejoiced that time.

But that wasn't the reason he was scared. If Tsuna got a good report then Basil would have a week of hell. Iemitsu would work him to the bone. He would train the poor boy so hard he would pass out. And it wasn't even Basil's fault, it's not like he's there. 

So now all of the main CEDEF was in the conference room. Which was Iemitsu, Basil, Turmeric, Oregano, and Lal Mirch. Lal was grumpily staring at the screen waiting for the incoming reports. Turmeric was lazily looking through some papers that needed to be signed. Oregano was resting her head in he arms. Iemistu was excitedly waiting for  the incoming. Basil was busy worrying.

As the waited Basil wondered why Iemitsu took it out on him. I mean he used to like me a lot. He trained me and taught me everything I know. But then after that incident everything changed. I mean it would never had happened if Iemitsu and his wife were better parents! God I'm always getting the rear end of the stick. Then after Nono's sons almost got assassinated and the three teens got deeper into the mafia they refused the position! Like, seriously dudes! So there was no candidate for boss. Then Iemistu, the damn bastard, offered the spot of CEDEF boss to them. That was my spot dammit! He just pushes me aside just like that. Am I that insignificant! Then they refused that job. So they Iemistu offered both his sons for the spot as CEDEF boss and Vongola boss. Like hell! He had no say in this! Nono only agreed cause Iemitsu was being an annoying fuck. So there, that was that. Basil wondered what happened to Nono's sons. Sometimes they came for short visits, but the three boys quickly faded from the underworld. He knew that Nono adopted a son though. But the boy wasn't part of the mafia, he was just there to keep Nono from being lonely. He was nice though, and honestly could care less about the whole mafia thing.

Basil snapped out of his mental rant when Reborn's face showed up on the giant screen. He had his usual smirk on and his face was shadowed by his fedora. Basil had always wondered how someone so innocent looking could be so sinister at the same time. But then again he is a hitman after all.

Iemistu put on his boss facade, which in reality isn't too different from the normal Iemitsu. "So Reborn, how is everything over there!" Basil could see through the horrible acting. All he wanted to know was if his oldest son was suffering and his wife and other kids were fine. I Reborn had  said that Iemitsu would be content. What a horrible father!

"Ah yes Ciaossu Iemitsu. Your family is doing amazingly well." Iemistu nodded eagerly. "Nana is doing well. She is extremely happy but seems to be hiding something, not sure what. Would you like me to look into it?"

"No, no. I'm sure it's fine. So what else about my wonderful wife!" The blonde was practically bouncing in his chair. "Nothing else. She's healthy and happy."

"My eldest son, isn't causing any trouble for her is he?" Iemitsu asked dangerously. "None at all." Iemitsu nodded in contentment. "Okay so what about my adorable Sora!"

"He's still needs some work. He's basically still a walking train wreck. But he's slowly starting to man up and is less frightened by things. Still easily scared. Has a bit of experience in simple combat. Apparently he used to be bullied, sometimes he still is despite being popular. Overall he's okay. But seriously you need to know more about your kids."