Part 34 Mechanic

Since we are in London it will be assumed everyone is speaking english, Fran can only speak French currently so french will be indicated like "this"

Lussuria sighed dramatically with his wrist to his forehead, he hated babysitting duty. 

Currently he was assigned to watch the group of strays Squalo picked up in France. And of all the places they, or more so the leader of the group, decided to go to was London. Cold dreary, bland fashion, London. Ugh, the city wasn't nearly as extravagant as in the movies, just another tourist city crowded to hell and  back. And theses strays were a slippery bunch, seeming to disappear and reappear in his vision as if they could teleport. 

Why did Squalo even take them in, they had plenty of Varia subordinates as is. They didn't need a bunch of random kids to care for.

"Big Sis?" He felt a small tug and looked down to see Fran at his side. The one he hated the least. It was undeniable that the kid was cute, but his laid back attitude made him easy to deal with. The only trouble was his picky eating.

"Yes Fran?" He smiled sweetly.

Fran stared blankly at him for a few moments and shrugged, "You look sad. So I'll keep you company." He looked straight ahead, his tiny hands still clutching Lussuria's pant leg. It'd be a damned lie to say Lussuria wasn't flattered by this innocent attempt at comfort.

Before he could say anything he was distracted by the commotion of a child being chased out of an old parts shop, with a box of miscellaneous metal bits. The owner burst out of the shop, demanding the kid came back. But didn't give chase, likely due to his old age. He was more exasperated than angry, seems this happened often.

Lussuria payed no mind as the kid ran by, he only smirked. He enjoyed rebellion in kids, as long as they weren't his own responsibility.

------

Tsuna's eyes widened like a cat when he saw the boy who ran out, just as he hoped. 

The boy who ran was messy haired blonde and blue eyed, covered in scratches and seemed to have a lollipop in his mouth.

Spanner, one of the great inventors of the future!

"Hey wait!' Tsuna called after as he followed the boy at a quick jogging pace. Alessandro and Jack were confused, but followed behind.

Spanner threw a look behind him, seeing the trio tailing him, his face darkened. His pace picked up and he ducked into an ally, hoping to lose them. A fruitless attempt, as Tsuna had past experience with chases, and the heirs of the Estriano and Acerbi family were no strangers to it either. If anything it was a game of cat and mouse to them.

To say Spanner was terrified was an understatement, he was convinced that they wanted him dead. Maybe the shop owner had hired some goons to handle him. 

He made the fatal mistake of looking behind him, and tripped over a metal rod. Sending him crashing to the ground, and the contents of his box scattered. The three teens took this as a chance to speed up, close some distance before he recovered. But Spanner was quicker than he looked, abandoning his box he made a  dead sprint to the other end of the alley way.

Unfortunately for him, somebody stepped out. The impact knocking him to his back since this man was solid wall of muscle, and his three pursuers finally catching him.

"Ugh, I'm going to put you kids in time out if you keep causing trouble!" The man stepped forward.

Tsuna laughed as he helped Spanner up, "Sorry Big sis! I didn't want to lose him!" 

Lussuria sighed, putting Fran on the ground. He had to scoop the kid up to run after them. "Why do you need him anyways?"

Tsuna hummed, thinking of an excuse. He couldn't tell them that Spanner was going to be a top inventor in the future. Nor could he say word on the street said so either. They had only been in London a few days, and Spanner wasn't that great yet. He had only become good when he moved to Italy with his grandfather. Which was a gamble, since Tsuna wasn't sure when that happened.

"Well he looked in trouble!" Tsuna answered, an innocent look of worry plastered on his face.

Jack sighed, of course Tsuna would be worried about a random person. Thief or not, he'd take in anybody. 

Alessandro laughed a bit in response, "Oh, from the look on your face I thought you knew him!" He gave Tsuna a pat on the back, commenting on how sweet Tsuna was to everybody.

Spanner stood stiff, anticipating his fate. The group seemed dangerous, and he didn't want trouble. He just wanted some parts to tinker with. "What do you want with me?"

Tsuna smiled softly, letting go when he was sure Spanner would't run for it. "Just to make sure you wre okay, nothing more nothing less." That was a lie, Tsuna had just checked off another future friend from his list. "So, what were you doin back there?"

The snwer was obvious, so clearly Tsuna was trying to get at something. Spanner glared, "What do you want?"

Tsuna grinned and clasped Spanner's hand sin his own. "Glad you aksed!" He ignored the odd looks Alessandro and Jack gave him. "I want you, to some with us! "

Jack and Alessandro exchanged strange looks, this seemed out of nowhere to them. Why did they need some random British kid that they picked off the streets. It could be argued that they didn't need some random french kid they picked off the streets, but Fran was with Tsuna first. It wasn't as if Spanner had a similar goal either, they needed to get to Namimori somehow. This kid was just nabbing gears and screws.

Lussuria's stomach churned, more kids?! "We are not taking in another one!" He demanded, holding his palm out to them. But Tsuna had already hit him with the puppy dog look. Vongola's demon or not, he was a master of manipulation. 

"Please Big sis, I'll take care of him!" He begged with glistening brown eyes, like a child asking for a pet. 

Spanner was weirded out, how did Tsuna do that with his eyes?! And why was he being bargained for? "Do I get a say in this?"

Tsuna snapped out of puppy mode, a bit embarrassed he didn't ask the blonde's opinion first. "O-oh, yeah I guess you do get the final say."He looked expectantly at him, but didn't push it.

Spanner honestly didn't care where he went, as long as he was allowed to work on his inventions. He shrugged, "Do I get to tinker with stuff?" he mummbled as he pulled the finished lolipop from his mouth. Tossing the stick aside.

Tsuna turned to Lussuria, puppy mode in full sing again. "Big sis?"

Lussuria knew this was a loosing battle, he lost before he could even fight back. "Ugh, whatever. But don't cry to me when Squalo bites."

Tsuna cheered, his arms around Spanner's shoulders. "Welcome to the team-" He almsot said his name before asking. "Uh, what's your name?"

He thought for a moment, he considered giving his actual name, but he really wasn't connected to his family. His parents were dead and he liked in am orphanage. "I'm...Spanner."

Tsuna grinned, "Well Spanner, welcome top the team!"

Yo guys, long time no see! Thanks to all the comments left in my absence, those have really ekpt me motivated. I may post the answers to the QnA next, or I'll wait a fe chapters. Who knows. But hope you enjoyed this chapter,!

-xoxo