Part 32 Bad Plans

Tsuna almost fell off his feet laughing, mentally he was in hysterics. He couldn't believe his ears, he had given up on making any damn sense of this universe, but even this was too much. 

Keeping a straight face he cocked his head to the side. "Why?" He made his voice as innocent as he could, he wouldn't mess this up. He had to know how this would play out, this was an opportunity that would never happen again. In fact it shouldn't be happening at all.

Squalo nodded, "It'd be horrible for a responsible adult like myself to let you kids just go. Besides, we'll keep ya busy since I doubt anybody's gonna hire you guys. I think you'd make a valuable member of Varia."

Holy shit, I can't believe this! Tsuna stared wide eyes, easily being mistaken for curiosity. He found himself nodding unconsciously. "Wait, I have to talk this over with my friends though." He mentally groaned, Alessandro and Jack would likely disagree. And Fran... Fran was part of Varia anyhow, maybe that's why this was happening.

"Well make it quick, I don't got all day," the man huffed.

Tsuna nodded trying to keep his calm. But the second he stepped into the apartment he burst down to his knees laughing. He payed no mind to the odd looks he got, he laughed until he couldn't breath. 

"Dear Kami-sama, what a glorious day!" he managed between painful bursts of laughter. He was a useless pile on the floor when he stopped.

"I think he's totally lost it, it was only a matter of time." Fran commented totally unfazed. He went back to playing with his doll.

Jack was busy talking over some mafia related topics with Alessandro, and safe to say Tsuna's bout of hysteria put him more on edge. "What's up with you?"

Tsuna bounced back up excitedly. "I've got us all a new gig!" Completely ignoring his laugh attack he went right to the point.  "So this weird shark look guy said we should going his team thing. Varia I think he called it. He's a bit scary, but I think he's super nice." A blatant lie, but Tsuna was going to make this opportunity as great as possible.

"What?" Alessandro and Jack gaped in unison, an expected reaction. They exchanged horror filled looks.

Alessandro grabbed at his hair trying to not loose it. They didn't need to get re-involved in the mafia, quiet the opposite actually. That was the whole reason he and Jack ran off. Not to mention both their families were notoriously hated. If a mafioso got a hold of them, he was sure they'd be sold of to the highest bidder. Who wouldn't want to kill off the heirs to such infamous families.

And it was Varia no less, known to be ruthless. And by extension Vongola, even if the loyalty wasn't really there. Just the idea sent chills down their spines.

Fran could care less, he was still none the wiser to all this mafia talk. He trusted whatever Tsuna was talking about. "Okay," he simply said without looking up.

"No, not okay!" Alessandro cried helplessly. "Tsuna, I know you meant well but...we can't-"

Tsuna pouted, "But he's waiting outside... guess I'll tell him no."

Jack froze, "Right outside? What the hell are we gonna do now, he knows our location. We can't leave now!"

Tsuna rolled his eyes, he knew their worries we completely reasonable, but he wanted to have some fun with this second life. "You guys worry too much, look just trust me. I know it seems a bit sketchy, but I have a feeling this will be interesting! Please?"

"What if they kill us?" Alessandro tried desperately to reason. It was the only thought going through his head in that moment.

"I'll kill them first." Tsuna's tone was dead serious, piercing cold, so muc so the whole room went silent.

Jack could have sworn he saw a flash of orange go through the brunets eyes. He'd never seen him so serious, he was beginning to wonder if this is what the Demon part of Tsuna was like. "I doubt you could..." It was absurd yes, but the determination in Tsuna's voice said otherwise. "Alessandro, what do you say?"

Alessandro was resigned and intimidated by the air of danger Tsuna displayed, so he shrugged. "Whatever, sure."

Tsuna grinned running to give them both a hug. "Thanks, you guys won't regret this, I swear!"

"I already do," Jack muttered. 

Fran wasn't too sure on what the commotion was, but he felt left out. He squirmed his way into the middle of the hug grouchily. "Me too!"

Squalo grumbled waiting for the kids, they were taking too long for his liking. It had been twenty minutes truthfully and he didn't really have anywhere to hurry to, but he was no patience.

When Tsuna popped out with not only with a, what he assumed to be a six year old, but also the heirs to the Estrano and Acerbi family. "What the hell is this?"

"My friends!" Tsuna answered cheerily, as if any of this was normal. " Well Fran is more of a little brother, but still!"

"Three in one I see," he nodded to himself. Turning on his heel he motioned for the them to follow. "Keep up brats, we have a lot to do."

Tsuna happily skipped behind with Fran in his arms. Jack and Alessandro handled the small load of luggage, keeping close behind Tsuna. They didn't want to get close to the assassin, but they couldn't just leave Tsuna to this.

-Somewhere-

"Okay, so... I may have been a bit off?" Naito laughed as he looked at the city around him. He and Basil were somewhere in China, he wasn't exact on where, but they were here. "So, we aren't in France..."

"I aimed so near, " Basil growled. He knew he shouldn't have trusted the other with a map. But he couldn't have imagined Naito would be this bad, he didn't think anybody could be that bad. "I hath yet to see a more tragic result."

Naito blushed in embarrassment, "C'mon dude, don't be like that. We'll be fine!" Naito shoved the map into his pocket, and looked for some kind of saving grace. 

Basil shook his head and sighed, he couldn't help but smile though. He had only known Naito for a few weeks, he was odd, uncoordinated and unorganized, and a bit of a ditz. A drastic change from the professional adults he'd been surrounded with all his life. He wondered if this was just what being a normal teen was supposed to be like.

"Do you need help?" They both turned to see a small child. The child had a small braid on their head, and wore a red cheongsam style shirt. But the most prominent feature was their comically large ovular head.

Naito let out a poorly covered snicker only to be elbowed by Basil. "C'mon, he looks  a bit silly," he tried to reason. He was elbowed again and glared. "Quite it will ya."

Basil spared him no glances and focused on the child. "Indeed, we seem to have gotten ourselves in a spot of trouble. Doths thy perchance know of someone to assist us?"

They nodded happily. "I-pin's master help!" They grabbed both boy's hands dragging them down the street happily. Bringing them to a vendor.

Both teens exchanged looks as they stared at the vendor. 

"Is that a baby?" Naito was at a loss for words for once.

"Doubtful," Basil muttered knowing all too well. Nothing was ever that simple in the mafia.

Double update? Double update.