Part 24 On the Job

Hey hey people I'm back. thank you for being patient with me. Too much work, so lttle time, and even less motivation. Okay so yada yada yada, and stuff. I'm slowly getting back into the typing game but I'm a lil rusty so bear with me. Since they are pretty much only speaking french this chapter everything will be normal.

Jack wasn't really sure what was going but he sure knew who the lady that kidnapped him was. She was Alice Costa, the don of the Costa Famiglia. They were a mafia family who mostly mad clothes for other families, they never got into battles. At lest not that he's heard of.  You might be wondering why he wasn't worried even though he's been caught by an enemy familia. Simple. Very few in the mafia knew what he or Alessandro looked like.  Both their familias kept them pretty much off the radar. Besides if the Costa Don knew who he really was she would have tried to kill him already. And that wouldn't end well.

Alice had strawberry blonde hair that rested on her shoulder in neat curl. Her tanned skin blending nicely with her hair. She had sharp green eyes that sparkled with excitement. "SO my child what is your name?" She suddenly asked.

"Jack," he simply answered. It was probably best not to give his last name. He pushed a strand of his red hair from his eyes. "So why am I here?" he asked as he glanced out the window. They seemed to have left the city and entered a forest. Through the thicket of trees he could see a river flowing at dangerous speeds. Smashing against perfectly rounded rocks. Most likely from years of erosion.

She clapped her glove clad hands together. "I was hoping you asked!" she beamed excitedly. Sh pulled out a folded piece of paper from the pockets of he jeans. "Uh, not this." She pulled out a few more things before she found what she wanted. "Aha, here!"

Jack took the paper and examined it. It seemed to be an informational sheet. It huge cursive letters the words 'Costa' Then a bunch of other stuff about he Company's history. And a bunch of stuff about the type of clothes they make. Jack still wasn't sure what this had to do with him. He looked at her inquisitively.

"I want you, to work in my company," she announced happily. Jack looked at her like she was crazy. "Yes, I know you are too young for this but your perfect." She leaned back into the seat. "I need you to be a designer, you seem to have a good eye for things. You really don't have much to do."

He wasn't so sure about 'not doing much'.  He didn't want to be part of some big top fashion company. "I don't have any knowledge in this stuff, so I'm not the best choice." He gave a small huff in annoyance.

"You'll learn quick. Besides I'll be with you most of the way," she quickly added. "Come on, it'll be fun. It's not that hard and I really need somebody."

She obviously wasn't letting Jack go any time soon, and Jack obviously wanted no part in this. "I'll think about it....." It wasn't a definite answer but she seemed to have been satisfied. 

"Goodbye please call as soon as possible!" Alice yelled as the limo dropped him off in the spot they literally kidnapped him. He shook his head slightly as he made his way back to the apartment. "Things just get weirder," he mumbled. As he ambled 'home' he saw the sun was rising. He sped his pace up a little bit faster.

When he entered he was surprised to find Tsuna and Fran already awake. Fran was playing with his toy while Tsuna watched quietly from a few feet away with a small smile. "Oh your back, we were wondering where you had gone." Tsuna chirped tiredly. He was clearly tired. 

"Yeah, just went on a small walk." He noticed that Alessandro was still asleep, and just sighed at his best friends way of life. He always slept in. "Lazy bones," he whispered in exasperation. But Tsuna could hear a hint of joy in his voice. Jack walked over to his friends prone form. "Wake up you can't sleep all day." A hand came flying at his face in response.

"Leave," a barley conscious Alessandro pleaded. He then turned on his side. "Idiota," he mumbled.

A giggle escaped both Fran and Tsuna's lips.

"Hand me a water bottle would ya," Jack asked with a hint of agitation. When he felt the smooth plastic in his palm his fingers instinctively curled around it. He untwisted the cap and then proceeded to dump the water on the raven's face.

"Wow what a great friend," Fran said sarcastically. 

Yay! So I remember somebody asking for all the songs in this book. Who was in again.