Eyeliner

I watched Dolly as she snored in my arms, knowing that I was creepy but unable to stop myself. I enjoyed these moments with her so much – I loved our sleepovers. I hated that she was so tired, but I enjoyed how much time we got together. I was sneaking naps in the office at work to make up for the lack of sleep. I kissed her cheek softly and relaxed back onto the pillow next to her.

I needed to figure out a way to break this to Maggie. I was stuck on Dolly, and I was past the Lonely Hearts Club bullshit. I wanted to make time for Dolly in my life, I needed to.

But Maggie was my priority. She had to be, and she would always be. And I had no idea how she would react to the news that Dolly was my secret girlfriend. I shook my head – I hadn't even asked Dolly to be my girlfriend. We had spent the last couple weeks together like were boyfriend and girlfriend, but I was getting ahead of myself.

Dolly rolled onto her side, smiling sleepily as I squeezed her sides. She blinked her eyes open and set her arms around my neck.

"That nap was delicious," she said, leaning close to my face. I felt my face heat and smiled back at her. Her word choices were always so funny to me.

"I'm glad to hear that," I replied, pulling her close to me. She kissed me softly, making my head spin. I was in over my head. She smiled up at me, twirling my hair around her finger.

"Sorry for being so tired," she apologized sheepishly. I shook my head and kissed her deeply.

"I like any excuse to get into bed with you," I flirted, brushing my nose against hers. Her goofy grin spread across her face.

"You are so cute – I can't believe how cute you are," she gushed, wrapping her arms around my neck tighter. I kissed her again and started moving down her neck, getting lost in her once more. She sighed as I left love bruises, and I rolled on top of her.

"Eddie! General! I'm home!" Maggie called out, slamming the front door on her way in. Dolly and my fervor came to a screeching halt, and she stared up at me with wide eyes.

"How long did I sleep?" she whisper-yelled. I reached for the clock on my nightstand, studying it.

"Not long enough for her to already be home," I answered. It had only been an hour – Maggie was usually at school on Wednesdays until six! We sat up, Dolly smoothing herself out as she got out of bed. She turned to me; her face panicked.

"How are we supposed to explain why we are in your room with the door closed?" she questioned, taking my hands as I stood with her. I glanced around, keeping one of her hands in mine as I reached for my bookshelf. I plucked Jane Eyre off the pile of books and handed it to her.

"Your next assignment for Mags," I explained. She beamed at me and rocked up on her toes to kiss me. I felt my face flush.

"Cute and a quick thinker," she flirted. She started to walk off until I grasped her hand, pulling her back to me.

"Just one more," I explained before kissing her hard.

She melted into me and was giddy when we pulled back from one another. I cleared my throat and had her follow me out. I almost jumped out of my skin as Dolly pinched my ass, trying to get a rise out of me. I looked at her, trying not to smile as she winked at me. Maggie bounded out into the living room, breathless and seemingly excited about something. She furrowed her brows.

"Where were you guys?" she asked, her voice skeptical. I forced a casual smile.

"Dolly wanted some recommendations for future books for your lessons – we went and perused my bookshelf," I lied. I looked at Dolly, my heart catching as she grinned at Maggie.