First Night Out

"God damnit, Dahlia – how are your feet this cold!" Eddie yelped as I pressed my feet against his legs. I giggled as I snuggled into him.

"You're just so toasty," I teased, my heart skipping as he pulled me closer to him.

"You are going to be required to wear socks to bed now," he insisted, kissing my forehead. I sighed happily as he stroked my hair, and we nestled under the covers again. We were quiet for a beat, and he cleared his throat. "Are you excited about tonight?"

I looked up at him, my smile goofy. I wrapped my arms around his neck and nodded, my heart picking up as he pulled me closer to his face.

"I am very excited about tonight," I replied. He turned red and smiled at me. It was so cute how nervous he got with me – I enjoyed that about him so much. It made me feel more secure in our time together and made him more endearing. I pressed my lips to his, melting into him as laced his hands in my hair and pulled me tighter to him.

"Me too," he answered as he pulled back. I grinned wider and kissed him once more.

"Where are we going to go?" I asked. He tucked my curls behind my ear and kissed my forehead.

"A fancy place, so you'll need to get dressed up," he said, winking at me. I felt another wave of excitement and nodded enthusiastically – I had told Eddie how much I enjoyed dressing up, and he assured me how much he liked how I dressed. It was nice to be listened to. I traced his chest.

"And...and you'll be able to stay the night?" I asked. He smiled at me.

"Yeah – I'm going to see if Mags can stay with Alexa tonight," he answered. Alexa was Maggie's best friend – I had seen them at school together, and it was amusing how similar they were. They both dressed alternatively and were practically glued at the hip. Part of me wondered what Alexa thought of Matty Harrington.

"And we can sleep in tomorrow?" I continued. This is what I really wanted – I wanted a morning where we didn't have to wake up before the sun. I wanted to stay in bed with him and trade kisses under warm covers until late in the morning. He beamed at me and kissed me softly.

"We can sleep in as late as you want tomorrow," he assured me. I squealed with delight and kissed him hard. For some reason, I was the most excited for this. I was getting used to the little sleep we were getting, but I was over the moon to get to truly rest with my boyfriend.

"Okay, I'm going to go home and get my place ready," I announced.

He kissed me sweetly again and helped me out of the bed. I shivered as the cool air hit me and shuffled over to my pile of clothes to change into. Eddie came up behind me, wrapping himself around me and rubbing my arms to warm me up. I smiled when he kissed my shoulder.

"Maybe you should bring something warmer to wear at night," he suggested. I leaned my head back on his shoulder and grinned up at him.

"But then I wouldn't have an excuse for you to keep me warm all night," I flirted. He turned red again and shook his head.

"You don't need an excuse f-for that," he insisted. I grinned and pecked is lips quickly.

"I still like having one," I teased. He smiled and kissed my forehead, letting me go so I could get changed.

I got changed and brushed my teeth before padding back into the room. Eddie smiled at me and held his hand out.

"Coast is clear," he said, taking my hand and walking me out to my car. He helped with my bags like he always did, setting them in my back seat. I got into my seat, and I looked up at Eddie as he draped himself over the frame of the door. I smiled brightly.