Stratosphere

I was smiling like an idiot, goofy and giddy at the sight of Dolly lying next to me. She was smiley as well, and she wiggled close to me.

"I'm chilly," she whined, wrapping my arms around her. My heart raced at how close our skin was, and I scratched her bare back softly. I pulled the covers of her bed around us tighter. I kissed her softly.

"Well, come warm up with me," I flirted, smiling wider as she snaked her arms around me.

I don't remember the last time I hooked up with a girl. It had to have been years at this point – I never wanted to bring them home, and I never had wanted to make time for them. I was so panicked last night when Dolly had tried to push things. I obviously wanted to – I just liked her so much, and I wanted to make sure she was clear for it.

So, this morning was perfect.

She nuzzled into my chest, making my stomach flip. She kissed the tattoos that she apparently loved, and my face got hot.

"Well, that was fun," she said finally, breaking the tension. I laughed, and she looked up at me, her eyes crinkled from how big she was smiling. I kissed her hard.

"That was really fun," I replied, agreeing with her. She set her head in the crook of my neck and scratched my chest. "We'll need to figure out how to pull that off at my place when you spend the night."

She laughed, and I smiled. I loved it when I made her laugh. I placed my lips against the crown of her head and took in a deep breath. I loved how she smelled. I loved how she felt against me. I loved sleeping in with her. I closed my eyes and continued to scratch her back.

"That feels nice," she said quietly.

I rolled onto my side and pulled her tighter to me. She hooked her arms around my neck, and I grinned down at her. She watched me carefully and kissed me softly.

"You still like me?" she asked quietly. I furrowed my brows and felt stunned by her question.

"What?" I replied, shocked and confused. She glanced down and shrugged.

"I don't know – I'm just worried I lost some of my mystery," she answered. I took her chin and had her look up at me so I could stare her in the eyes.

"I like you so much. I don't think I could like you more than I do, but I'm sure that in an hour, I'm going to like you even more than I like you right now," I insisted, keeping my tone firm. She broke into one of my favorite smiles. I smiled back at her.

"You sure?" she squeaked. I pressed my lips to hers, kissing her deeply. I felt her melt into me, and when I pulled back, I grinned at her dazed and goofy smile.

"I'm positive. No mystery has been lost. I like you so much, I promise," I said. She got close to my face, making my cheeks flush.

"I like you so much," she announced. She pecked my lips quickly. "I don't think I've ever liked anyone as much as I like you."

I felt my heart pound, and my smile got goofy.

"Really?" I asked. She nodded and twirled one of my curls around her finger. "Even more than Steve?"

Please say yes – nothing would make this perfect moment even better than if I also beat Steve Harrington in winning over the perfect girl. Her mouth twisted into another goofy smile.

"You just want another point against him," she teased, seeing through my question. I blushed and smiled wider, moving my face close to hers and ghosting my lips against hers.

"I will admit – it would bring me a sick amount of joy to know you liked me more than him," I confessed. She laughed, throwing her head back. As soon as I had access, I started nipping at her neck. She gasped when I sunk my teeth into her collarbone, grinning as I pulled back. She set her hands on the sides of my face. She smiled warmly at me, making my heart race.