Dance, Dance... How Misery Loved Me (fluff)

'Dance, dance
We're falling apart to half time
Dance, dance
And these are the lives you love to lead
Dance, this is the way they'd love
If they knew how misery loved me'

Heyyyyy if anyone reads these bits at the top, this one is teen Patrick but it's similar to the Dance Dance video.

I hope you enjoy!!

~•~•~•~•~•~

It was prom night at your high school and you at your friends were at your house getting ready. There were four of you in total, all girls, all not going with anybody. You were disappointed but your friends all going without someone made it easier. Of course you'd wanted to be asked and of course you had your preferences... but he'd never asked you and he hadn't, but in some deep down corner of your mind, you'd really hoped he would have. But it was too late now and besides, you and your friends had decided to walk in together and stay close, you couldn't just abandon that plan.

Your friend Olivia was straightening her hair by the window. You'd always admired her beauty, everyone found her attractive and the long cream dress she wore complemented her dark bob hairstyle perfectly.

"Hey, it's.... is that... Pete?" She exclaimed, looking out thr darkened window onto the garden.

"Pete? Wentz?" You asked, standing up. What wad Pete doing outside? You all got up and look out the window and sure enough Pete Wentz, bassist in the small rock band at school, was stood outside on the grass waving at Olivia. She looked very confused but then Pete pulled a lighter from his pocket, lit it, and set fire to the grass.

"What? What's he doing?" Asked Olivia, looking worried.

Suddenly, a carefully written note consisting of the word 'homecoming?' erupted on the garden in flames. Pete must have written it in gasoline. Olivia gasped and held her hands to her mouth.

"Woah..." she murmered, clearly impressed by the effort he'd gone too. She nodded at him slowly and he held his thumb up with a huge smile on his face.

Turning, she raced down the stairs and out the front door to meet him.

"Well that's Olivia gone then. Looks like it's just us three," you said solemnly with a sigh to Jasmine and Rachel, your other friends. They both nodded, rolling their eyes.

~•~•~•~•~

The homecoming dance had begun and you, Jasmine and Rachel all stood awkwardly together in the middle of the frantic crowd. Everyone had a partner and everyone was having a great time. Someone grabbed your arm excitedly, it was Olivia with an extatic grin on her face.

"Pete just told me he and his band are gonna be performing!" She squealed.

"Oh really?" You said with about as much enthusiasm as you felt. Olivia nodded manically and laughed, she was so happy. You glanced over and caught the eyes of your other friends who also looked less than buzzing.

"When?" Asked Jasmine. Olivia informed you all that it wouldn't be just yet.

"Heyyy," came a dragged out deep voice. You turned your head to see Pete, his hand on Olivia's shoulder. She smiled back, letting go of you. "Come with me," he said. Olivia shot you all a cheeky surprised look before being led away by Pete's hand.

You sighed again.

Things were pretty boring and being amidst happy couples who were dancing way too close, sweating way too much, kissing way too often and looked way too ready to go somewhere private made you pretty uncomfortable. And the constant shoving was a nightmare! You were pretty sure a lot of people were mistaking you for their partners because you were being grinded on from almost every angle.