Chapter 18

The next morning Gen woke and at six that morning he found not only Naruto's clones waiting but a clone from Hinata, Shino, and Kiba.

"We did not think Naruto should be doing all the work alone, and we can help." the Kiba spoke up.

"It is early I said eight." Gen nodded as he led them to his forge.

"Well, we start training at Six." The Hinata spoke. "And with how our Senseis are going about it, we might forget to send the clones if we waited till eight."

Again, the man nodded, "TenTen is the same way, her sensei looks for early morning workouts as well.

"Asuma sensei?" Choji spoke up. "I did not get to speak with Master Teuchi about the food yet."

Choji and Shika were working on their stretches and Ino showed up and was quickly followed by the sensei (he was happy to see all three arriving earlier)

"We can go there shortly, but first finish your stretching and start your Katas we need to have a talk"

The three obeyed and as soon as Ino had stretched all three started the standard kata, Asuma smiled as they were getting closer to being in sync.

"Ok," the bearded man spoke as he joined them in the Kata. "As you noticed there is now a team of one. Many asked how that happened and if it would work, I won't explain how it happened yet, but I will tell you how it will work. As the weeks go by the four teams 7, 8, 10 and 93 along with team 9 will start working together. Two teams will join in training and daily missions, D-ranks."

He watched Shika think this over and Choji watched his friend.

"Aren't D-rank missions another name for chores?" Ino asked.

"That is a good way to explain them," Shika replied.

"Yes," Asuma confirmed. "but before you complain think about this, The Hokage offered Chief higher ranked missions for when we grouped. Chief replied, 'None of the three rookie teams get a higher ranked mission till I say so.' I was there at that meeting I was shocked the chief wanted to do the 'chores'

"What about team 9?" Choji asked.

"Seeing as they have been a team for a year now they can go on C-ranked missions seeing as they have been already."

"What is the lesson?" Shikamaru asked calmly.

The two kids and their teacher looked at him.

"Chief can probably get all of us ready for at least C-ranks in no time, he wants us on D-ranks for a reason." the Nara spoke. "remember everything has a lesson and with Chief more than one.

"Good," The sensei replied. "yes, there are a few lessons to learn, no I won't tell you what they are. he wants to give everyone the chance."

The three nodded,

"I can see that," Ino spoke. "But why team us up for training?"

Asuma smiled, "each sensei has certain skills. Kurenai, for instance, is a Genjutsu mistress and can train you all better then I or any of the other Sensei's

"Gai," Kurenai continued telling her team. "Is a Taijutsu master with few equals. he is also skilled in using different weapons as is shown with TenTen's training.