Chapter 31

They were just about to leave when a messenger falcon came screaming into the Hokage's window. This by itself was alarming as they normally go to the dispatch roof where the nests are situated. It was clear that this falcon knew where to go as the Hokage quickly checked then opened the scroll.

Naruto and the boys along with Asuma were pushing trying to catch the Chief and Mai, as soon as he had heard the name 'Demon Brothers' Chief Instructor Kuzai took off, Shika swore he heard a 'Boom'.

"Who are these Demon brothers?" Naruto asked.

"Low ranked missing-nin from Mist Village," Kiba replied.

"Chunin at best," Shikamaru added. "I can't see why Chief is so worried about them."

"It is not them I care about," Chief called back. "it is who they work for."

"Zabuza Momochi, Demon of the Hidden Mist?" Asuma asked.

"Correct, I have been after him for months," Chief replied confirming both the asked question as well as the unasked one.

"Is he that dangerous, will Kakashi have trouble with him?" Kiba asked wondering what type of Ninja could challenge the ANBU captain.

"Kakashi won't have any trouble with him, he is good and with some proper motivation," Chief replied.

"Other known as Chief's boot in his ass," Naruto added. "Chief wants this guy alive."

"Correct, we need to get there before Kakashi kills him and before he kills anyone else." Asuma finished.

Sakura and Ino stood on either side of the client as the thugs continued to attack. The last few days had been stressful, they had left the village on their first C-Rank mission, Sasuke had been quiet but he had also worked hard helping where he could and being a good teammate. Both girls realized he was faking the care he tried to offer but they did admit he was at least doing the work. Two days after they left they were attacked by some missing ninja called the Demon brothers.

None of the kids flinched when the two men 'kill' Kakashi, as they were able to see through the Genjutsu and substitution Jutsu their Jonin, had used. the fight was surprisingly quick and both Sakura and Ino knew that was simply due to the training they had been given by the Chief.

Sasuke was less impressed and more eager for a 'real fight' but one look from the Jonin had the boy shut up as Kakashi questioned the Client, a drunk named Tazuna, and they learned about the crime lord and a general understanding of how bad it was. Through some begging and some offers, the drunk had gotten the group to continue their travel.

Less than a day later, the Jonin and three Genin stood with the bridge builder on the bank of the ocean when a heavy mist came from nowhere. A Ninja in a mask came out of it and attacked Kakashi, after the first attack failed he tried to goad the Jonin to start talking but Kakashi did not fall for it as he attacked again.

The Shinobi that was briefly mentioned as Zabuza was soon on the defense. From the corner of his eye Sasuke saw movement and threw a shuriken, the senbon were moving so fast that he was barely able to hit them.

"Hold," the person in a mask said as they jumped down from the tree. "I am a hunter-nin from Mist, I have been after Za..."

"Take him out," Kakashi shouted. "He is working with Zabuza."