Chapter 30

Shika looked and saw both his father and his Jonin sensei. Asuma walked next to the Jonin Commander and nodded in approval at the numbers of Chunin, Special Jonin and full Jonin's that the Nara boy had captured.

"Asuma," the older Nara spoke. "You should go check on that whistle, Anko would not have sent it twice unless it was very important, funny or both."

"You sure?" Asuma replied he was kind of wanting to test his genius student.

"Yes, I feel this is going to be one of those troublesome father-son moments you hear about." the Commander replied. "Besides, look around...this is a shadow users dream and an opponent's nightmare."

Asuma did look around and found the darkness and shadows of the alley would give a Nara, any Nara, a clear advantage. So, the smoking Jonin quickly left leaving the father and son alone. Shika closed his eyes as he took his default 'thinking' pose.

He knew that all the ones before were simple cannon fodder, this fight would be different. Shikaku Nara was the JONIN COMMANDER, this fight was more a test than any before.

Neither one spoke, they just stared at each other as the minutes passed. Least, that is what it looked like to those with untrained eyes. If one were to look closer at the ground between the two Nara's, As Tora was doing right now, they would see a contest between two moving shadows. They moved like snakes, striking out and recoiling, testing each other's strength. Shikaku Nara was very impressed with his son now,

"You have become quite troublesome,"

Shikamaru did not reply, but he did jump from his squatting position to his right, where he went into the wall...literally. The older Nara was shocked when he saw his son vanish into a wall, so much so that he did not notice his son reappear from the wall to his right and behind him. Shikamaru came out aiming a hard kick to his father's head, he missed as the older man ducked and rolled.

The two started a Taijutsu battle, neither gaining an upper hand. Regularly Shika would dive or drop into a shadow and come out someplace else throwing his father off, the end came as Shikamaru enacted one of his plans.

Dropping into a shadow, his father was caught as two Shika's came out one from either side and started to attack. Shikaku knew his son would never be a heavy assault specialist like Naruto, Choji or Lee, but he was glad to know Shikamaru could put up a fight when needed.

The two Shikamaru's started to attack as one, the older man tried to fend them off but found his feet were being held. He looked down to spot another Shikamaru holding his ankles as he slowly rises out of the shadow. The momentary distraction was enough for the two other to get on either side of him, each wrapping an arm around his waist while their other hand went down and grabbed him behind his knees and lifted till he was perpendicular to the ground and as high as they could lift him.

Shikaku had spared with Choza enough to know what came next, the two Shikas' put their weight into it and slammed him down on his back as the third leaped out of the shadow, kunai in hand looking to end it. The older Nara just lifted a foot as the two boys held his arms and kicked hard into the third sending him flying, then he slammed his heel to the ground causing a blade to spring from the tip of his boot.

Showing flexibility few ever saw he lifted his foot up and back and jabbed the blade into the neck of the Shika on his right, when the boy released his arm he pulled a Kunai out and pushed it into the chest of the one on his left.