Chapter 15

*AUTHOR'S NOTE: okay, so I know things are going slow with the characters, I just wanted you guys to understand what type of people they are and what they do. You know? Things will get interesting soon. I promise.*

*Taylor's POV:

The next day, I woke up for school. I showered, got dressed, and put on make up. I remembered that today was Friday, which meant I had to be to school earlier today because of our feild trip. I had early spring break next week and I was so anxious to leave for break. I had on black pants with rips in them, with a tanktop with a black zip up sweater over it. The sweater was the kind where it was tightly comfortable around your arms. I had on red vans and I was all ready for a comfortable day at a museum. 

I got in to my car and drove myself to school. I felt my phone vibrate and it was another tweet from Josh. He was talking about playing a show at a mall. A mall? That's weird. Usually they play in arenas or sometimes play in a bar from time to time.

When I pulled into the school parking lot, my bio teacher and the rest of my class was outside lining up for the buses. 

"Taylor! Come on, girlfriend!" My teacher called. He was definitely gay, but he wouldn't admit it and leave his wife and kids for it. 

"I'm coming." I said.

I hopped out of my car and walked over and loaded on the bus. When we arrived to the museum a half hour later, it was really interesting in some parts. After that, we went to the mall to have a break after all day of looking at dead animal skeletons. 

"Alright, I want you guys to be safe and load back on here in about an hour. No later. Got it?" Mr. Ray said.

"Okay." The whole bus roared. The good thing about high school was being able to walk off and do whatever without a chaperone. The parking lot was PACKED with buses and cars. I heard a roar of an audience and shrugged it off. I made my way off of the bus and into the crowded mall. 

I had a $50 bill with me along with a few singles and change. This should be good. I wanted to grab more tee shirts and sweaters. Ugh, I sound like a prep.

I was walking around the mall when I heard my name. "TAYLOR!"

I turned around rapidly and someone already was hugging me by the time I turned. I couldn't make out who it was, but I could smell them. My face was buried into his chest. This was familiar. How could I forget Josh?!

"JOSH?! What the hell are you doing here?" I said without letting go, but only holding him tighter.

Josh let go and laughed. "I'm here playing a few songs! Opening for a band or something. I don't really know. It was supposed to be something small. What are you doing here? I didn't think you were really going to come." 

"What do you mean? You were just here like a couple of days ago! I live here."

"Not North Dakota, I mean the mall. I was going to ask if you would come, but I didn't have your number." he chuckled.

"That's true, Josh."

"Actually, you do have my number, Tay." He chuckled.

"I do?!" I said as I frantically pulled my phone out ans searched 'Josh' in my phone. Yep, it was there under 'Josh Ramsay'. 

"I was waiting to see if you would notice at all and decide to text or call me!" Josh said laughing.

"Oh my god!  I feel so stupid." I said as I went to go playfully hit him in the arm.

Josh and I walked around the mall for the hour I had. I only bought a few things off of their merch table and the rest of the band was no where to be seen. We kept stopping in the mall because a whole bunch of people kept asking Josh for pictures and autographs, which I didn't mind. I actually really enjoyed it. I loved to see Josh interact with fans. He was the same person. 

Josh and I were walking out to the buses. Mr. Ray was still standing outside loading people.

"I can't wait till break next week." I said.

"Yeah." Josh chuckled.

There was silence and Josh stopped walking. 

"Josh?" I said.

Josh looked down at me and put his hand on my shoulder.

"Come to Vancouver with me and you can leave before you have school in a couple weeks." What? Josh was asking me to go to Vancouver?

"Josh," I said. "I want to so bad! Yes, I will go! I will figure something out. I promise. For my parents. How long are you staying here?"

"About an hour maybe two!"Josh said excitedly.

"Great. I'll go home, convince my parents and drive back here. Okay? I need to pack and everything. You want me to stay the whole week?" I said. "Are you sure it's not a big deal? I just don't want to come out of no where."

"Yes! I invited you! I mean, if you want. But that's what I was aiming for." Josh said.

"Alright. I'll see you here in an hour." I waved and went onto the bus. I was going to Vancouver with Josh Ramsay. This was going to be great.

I rode on the bus with my ear phones in. Ironically, Marianas Trench came on a few times in a row, along with Matt's EP "Coda and Jacket". When the buses dropped off at school, I jumped into my car and droveoff  home. When I arrived at home, I parked in the street and noticed that my mom was already home. 

"Hey, honey." she said. "How was your day?" She asked. She was sitting at the kitchen table flipping though a newspaper.

"It was fine. Like any other day. You know. I had a field trip today."

"Did you really? That's nice." she said, barely paying attention. She always does this. You can read her like an open book, like me. You could talk to her about the same thing for an entire hour and mention in later and she will act like she's never heard it before. It's odd, but sometimes I catch myself doing it too.

"Yeah and I also got invited to..." I trailed off. I had no idea what to tell her. I can't just go on and on about Josh, that would be wrong.  "to go camping with this group of girls." I finished as I played on my phone.

"OH, is that true? That seems like fun." she said as she lifted up her head. 

"Yeah, so can I go?"

"Will parents be there?" she said, glaring me.

"No, but adults will be there. Some of the girls' siblings are going and they're in their twenties."

"Alright. You can. When will you be back?"

"Most likely next Sunday or before then." 

"Okay, that's alright. Well go pack. I have to go meet your father out with your brother."

"Alright." I said. She got up and kissed my forehead, "Have fun, hun." and she walked out the door, hopped into her car, and drove off.

I ran up the stairs into my room. I grabbed a few tee shirts and pants. I grabbed a tank top, a hoodie, and some leggings to sleep in. I grabbed a nice low cut shirt too along with my iPod, make up, toothbrush, bras and underwear. I also grabbed my phone charger and Josh's pick.  I walked in to the bathroom to grab my retainer, when I noticed my blade sitting on the tub. I grabbed it really fast and I tucked it in my pocket.

I grabbed my keys and walked out the door and made my way back to the mall.