Chapter 24

*Taylor's POV: 

Being the odd one out of the group, this was definitely an awkward situation to run into. 

"Kevvy, what's going on?" Matt said. "You know Jess?"

There was a pause of silence. Kevvy looked down and sighed.

"No...no man...you mean...? NO." Matt said.

"I'm sorry, Matt." Kevvy said.

"And what do you have to fucking say?" Matt said to Jess.

"...I wanted to tell you...but I met Kevvy and he helped me through my depression..." Jess said nervously.

"Well, what about all the times I reached out for you, and DIDN'T HEAR FROM YOU FOR MONTHS?" Matt raised his voice.

Jess broke down into tears. 

"Hey, man...that's enough." Kevvy said.

"Don't even." Matt said and walked away. 

Josh and I walked up to Kevvy. "I'm sorry man. He just needs to cool off." 

"I got you, Josh." Kevvy said. "And who's this?" Kevvy said looking at me.

"Not to creep you out, but I'm a Zombie Baby and also my name is Taylor." I smiled.

Kevvy smiled and giggled. "That's what I like to hear!"

"And she's also a Trencher." Josh butted in and winked at me. I playfully slapped him and we both laughed.

"Is she your girlfriend?" Kevvy asked Josh.

"Yeah. I mean no." Josh laughed as I blushed.

"And I'm Jess." 

"Hi Jess." Josh and I said. I'm sure she knew who Josh was. 

"Guys we gotta hit the road. Get your stuff from your hotel and be on the bus in 10." Casselman said. 

We waved good bye and Josh and I made our way up stairs to get our stuff.