43. forty-three

☆---•°○°•---☆

Happy reading 💕

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Ayansh dragged his feet in the hallway of the house towards his parents room. His heart felt heavy just at the thought of his mother.

It wasn't going to be easy, he knew that because trying to talk to the person who is your mother and to whom you have never spoken in years was surely difficult.

He wasn't afraid of her reaction. He was afraid that he'd mess up something. Maybe she would end up crying because of him or what if he couldn't reach to her expectations of being a good son.

He wasn't used to express his love for the people around him. It was different for Aadhya because he live with her more than anyone else.

She have seen every second of his day. Surely it was awkward with her in the early days but the fact that it went smoothly as the days passed.

About his mother, Avantika, he have been living with her for more than 24 years now and in these years, he doesn't even remember talking to her for 10 minutes straight.

He rubbed his palms together and heaved out a deep sigh before rubbing his palms on his face. He halted on his tracks while he stood outside the room of his parents.

He couldn't think of how he was going to initiate the conversation with them.

He moved inside the room and kept the plate on the table while Naveen followed him inside. He stood there waiting for Avantika to walk out of the washroom while Naveen stood there, folding his arms on his chest.

He gulped down the saliva looking at the delicious south Indian food on the table along with freshly fried kachoris.

"Me taste kar lu?" He asked his son in a slow whisper and tried to pick up one kachori but Ayansh smacked his father's hand away and glared at him.

(Should I taste?)

"Aapke liye nhi hai," He told him and saw his father sulking with a scoff.

(Not for you,)

"Ye jo teri Maa hai na, she loves me more." Naveen said proudly and shrugged his shoulders.

(She's your mother but she loves me more.)

"Did I ever say otherwise?" Ayansh raised his eyebrows and saw his father turning around to leave when he heard slight disturbances on the other side of the bathroom door and gripped the hem his father's kurta, indicating him not to leave.

Naveen tilted his head to look at his son and smirked.

"5 gulab jamuns," He gestured his son while showing his palm, indicating 5 numbers while Ayansh cursed under his breath knowing how his father was trying to take advantage of his weakness.

"2," He argued knowing well about Naveen's health who was slight diabetic.

"5," Naveen stood there firmly on his demand until he heard the door of the bathroom opening revealing Avantika.

She switched her glance between the two males standing in the room while Ayansh was still holding the corner of his father's kurta and raised her eyebrows.

"What's with 5 and 2?" She asked based on whatever she heard while she walked out of the bathroom.

"He was bribing me for 5 gulabjamuns," Ayansh pointed at his father before he left the fabric who seemed frightened by his statement and vigorously shook his head.