It's Not Only Me.

"Just like a star
I stay here for long
While everything is changed
I just cannot help but stay, hmm
Just like a star
Don't even see myself get old
It's hard to be explained
I wanna break away
I keep on praying
Oh, why
If my tears fall
Down in my universe
Turns into a new world
Time to find my way back home
Thousand years' gone
Don't feel nothing no more
You're the one I long for
Now it's time to go
I hover like a star"

A/N POV,

In his mid-thirties, a man conducted his class with an unmistakable visage. His countenance portrayed perfection - prominent, big eyes, a pointed nose, moustache and a fair complexion akin to the glow of the moon. Cherry-pink lips adorned his face, yet a noticeable absence prevailed - the absence of a smile. Within those eyes, one could discern a profound regret, a poignant emotion akin to driving a nail into one's heart. Despite his external allure, a cold aura enveloped him, imposing a pervasive silence on all who encountered him. His voice, though deep, echoed a lack of emotion, hinting at a life lived without purpose. The man bore the distinguished identity of Mr. Shi Ying, a renowned professor whose influence extended across Beijing and Chongqing alike.

[Sound of ringing of bell]

As the class dismissed, Mr. Shi Ying began arranging his books, signaling the end of the session. A student summoned the professor with a request, "Professor Shi, please wait, I have a question."

Turning with a cold gaze, Shi Ying inquired, "What?"

The student hesitated before expressing, "Professor, I've heard you also tutor privately. Could I have your number? I struggle with Physical Geography and seek admission to your tuition, sir, please."

Shi Ying's countenance hardened, and he sharply retorted, "Come to me with genuine concerns. I don't have time for such nonsensical requests."

Exiting the classroom, Shi Ying made his way to the staff room. Solitude was his constant companion, a choice he enforced upon himself. Despite numerous attempts at friendship, he erected an impenetrable wall, deterring anyone from breaking through. His idle moments were consumed by studying and contemplating innovative ways to make study easier for his students.

Residing in close proximity to the college, he occupied a lone apartment, distancing himself from the memories of his hometown, Chongqing. The absence of family was palpable; his mother had passed during his childhood, and his father followed suit two years after he departed Chongqing at the age of 30. As the sole heir, he carried the weight of his family's legacy.
No one in Beijing knew why he was like this.
He cared about nothing not about himself either but that day his actions sparked a flurry of rumours. The person known for his aloofness became unexpectedly concerned for Dr. Wang, as if a familial bond tied them. Throughout the university, where Mr. Shi's extraordinary character was widely acknowledged, a collective curiosity emerged. Everyone pondered the reason behind this unusual shift in his demeanor but no one dared to ask him.