There's No Such Thing As Love: Part 2

"It's going well

the way we talk, I can tell

It feels good and

You're in the same mood

Then the tide turns and

It becomes all too strange

My heart grows fuller

You're the opposite, you change"
***

In the quiet solitude of his home, Wang Yibo found himself holding the weathered portrait of Shi Ying. The passage of time had etched lines on the canvas, mirroring the changes in both their lives. As he traced the contours of the drawing, memories flooded back-echoes of a chapter that had closed but never truly faded.

The room was bathed in the soft glow of an antique lamp, casting a warm embrace over Wang Yibo and the portrait in his hands. He marveled at the details-the delicate strokes that captured Shi Ying's essence, frozen in a moment that seemed both distant and immediate.

 He marveled at the details-the delicate strokes that captured Shi Ying's essence, frozen in a moment that seemed both distant and immediate

[Fun Fact: I have myself drawn this Portrait for this chapter. Comment and tell me if you liked it! I made it in a hurry so don't mind my mistakes.]

"Shi Ying," he whispered, his voice carrying the weight of untold stories and unspoken emotions. The portrait, a silent witness to their shared history, seemed to respond with a quiet understanding.

He began to speak, the words emerging as a gentle stream of consciousness, a conversation with the image that held the essence of a person he once knew so intimately.

"You know, Shi Ying, it's been years since we last spoke. You know I miss you everyday, every moment and whenever I come here, my eyes only search for you. But why did you do that to me? Why? And why did you even take me to the hospital that day? What do you want? Why are you playing with my emotions again? I was trying to forget you but you are determined that you'll never let me forget you."

Wang Yibo's fingers traced the lines of Shi Ying's face in the portrait, as if seeking a connection that transcended time and space. The room, filled with a hushed ambiance, became a place for the unburdening of thoughts long held within.

"I remember the days we spent together in Chongqing-the laughter, the dreams we dared to dream. Your passion for geography, the way you saw the world with such depth and curiosity-it was infectious. I admired that about you, and in many ways, you changed the way I saw things."

He paused, a subtle smile playing on his lips as he reminisced. The portrait, a silent confidant, seemed to absorb the weight of his words.

"But life has a way of pulling people apart. Circumstances, choices, and the relentless march of time-we found ourselves on divergent paths. I pursued my medical career, and you delved deeper into the realm of geography. Now you're a senior professor. It was your dream right? Yet, despite the distance, your presence lingered in the corners of my memories."