Nevertheless, I Still

[Present]

Zhi Lian's POV,

I stood on the street, raindrops falling heavily, lost in the memories of the day I and Zhang Shuyi first met. Regret filled my heart for the pain I had caused her. As I waited for a cab, a familiar voice called out my name.

"Zhi Lian," she said. I looked up to find Zhang Shuyi standing there, a sweet smile on her face. What a coincidence to meet again in the rain.

 What a coincidence to meet again in the rain

"Zhang Shuyi," I called back.

"How are you?" she asked with that same sweet smile.

"Should I tell you the truth?" I replied.

"Yes, the truth is what I've always wanted to hear from you, from the beginning," she said.

"I'm not well, Shuyi. I have never been well. I'm sorry for what I said that day," I confessed.

"It's okay, Gege. I forgave you a long time ago," she said, smiling, but her eyes betrayed a different story.

I continued, "I'm ready to face all the rumors and everything with you, Shuyi. I really like you a lot. Can you give me a chance?"

Shuyi, tears welling in her eyes, moved closer and tiptoed to reach my face. Our lips connected, and we shared a meaningful kiss. I held her waist, deepening the moment. When she broke the kiss, I pulled her closer again, taking the lead and kissing her once more.

 When she broke the kiss, I pulled her closer again, taking the lead and kissing her once more

"I'll always be with you, Shi Ying Gege. I'll support you in the best and worst phases of your life. Let's start this journey together," she said.

I smiled and gently tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Let's go somewhere, Gege," she suggested.

"Where do you want to go?" I asked.

"I know a good place to eat noodles; let's go there," she proposed with a twinkle in her eye.

We hailed a cab, escaping the rain-soaked streets, and headed to the quaint noodle shop Shuyi mentioned. The cozy ambiance of the place felt like a refuge from the outside world.