I Know Nothing Will Change

"My paper heart
Crumbles down
In your dark eyes
I'm often not there
So I get greedy

I can do nothing else but lean on your shadow
I see us in my empty glass
When the dawn shines on you, I'll find my love
But I'm the only one curious about your dream
My heavy heart is
Too much for you"

***

Wang Fei was returning home when he saw two people fighting a little far away in the dark lane. It was 10 o'clock at night. He cycled a little faster to see what was happening and found Shi Ying engaged in a fight with a man a little older than him. The man was beating Shi Ying, cursing him with words like, "F*ck you As*hole!! How dare you fool around with my sister?"

"What's happening here?" said Wang Fei as he tried to pull Shi Ying away from the man.

"This jerk was fooling around with my sister the other day. I will kill him!" the man shouted.

Wang Fei was confused by what he heard and tried to stop the fight between the two. Soon, some of Wang Fei's friends came and helped to stop the fight. One of them called the police, and both the man and Shi Ying were sent to the police station. Fei and his friends also cycled there. A little later, Shi Ying came out, his lips bruised. The man was put inside the lockup for the night because of attacking Shi-Ying without any particular proof or reason. One nightstand couldn't be a reason for this fight. Wang Fei was already disgusted.
.
.
.
.
Wang Fei, "Take it, it's for your lips."

Shi Ying, "Thank you. You know I don't want you to see me like this."

Wang Fei, "You took care of me when I was sick. So now, we can call it even. I'm going home, alright?"

Shi Ying, "Won't I see you again?"
[Sighs]

Shi Ying, "I'd like for us to stay friends, Wang Fei."

Wang Fei, "Friends? Huh? Just how do you expect me to stay friends with you?"

Shi Ying, "What do you mean?"

Wang Fei, "Why did you lie to me? Answer me. I thought you wanted this to be exclusive."

Shi Ying, "What's the big deal?"

Wang Fei, "Hey, what's the point of all this? What do you really want from me?" He continued, "I see. You want someone stupid enough so you can get inside his pants."

Shi Ying, "That's enough."

Wang Fei, "I'm sure it is."

Wang Fei, "You always pull back when it matters most. Right? You want me there when you need me, but when I'm the one who needs you I can't count on you. So don't worry. It won't happen again.
Okay, tell me what are we?"

Shi Ying, "I thought you were okay with everything. But suddenly you--"

Wang Fei, "Yeah, I'm sorry if I pretended I was okay with what we have. And if I'm being honest here, I have been having such a hard time since I started seeing you, but I chose to pretend it was okay with you not being committed because I knew that I [inhales deeply] Because I.... Because I like you. But it's too much. I have to put an end to this. It's weird, right? To end something that wasn't really there in the first place."

Shi Ying, "But A- Fei"

Wang Fei, "Thanks for giving me a reason to end things with this fu*ked up whatever with you."

Shi Ying, "All right. Let's end this. If you really think that's what you really wanna do."

Wang Fei, "Wow! You're Unbelievable. Still an as*hole till the end."