𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞: 𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐈𝐭 𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐧

The sun was beginning to rise in New York City and people were roaming the streets to either get to their jobs or run errands as car horns were occasionally heard on the streets or talking from some folks in cars or on the streets

Lillie gave a tired hum as she began to wake up and she looked around her makeshift shelter before sitting up, yawning as she rubbed at her eyes. She then started to fix up her fluffy bed head hair as best as possible and gave a gentle hum to herself, once her hair was moderately groomed she got up and folded up the blanket as she put it away in her sling backpack. "Night one went well, now time for my first mission-!" Lillie started.

A soft growl like grumble came from the girl's stomach as Lillie sighed a little, she kind of anticipated this situation to happen. "First mission, find some food.." Lillie said, she had her shoes on and ready to go as she put her sling backpack over her shoulders.

Lillie looked around outside the alleyway once she left her shelter and gave a gentle huff of determination, starting to walk down the streets in search for some food to get.

The kid kept walking for quite a few blocks until Lillie saw a sign for a convenience store up ahead, she picked up her pace and ran to it but eventually screeched her running to a halt when she saw that she was at a crosswalk.

Lillie waited patiently as a few people waited as well, the crosswalk sign lit up with the word 'Walk' as folks began to cross and Lillie followed, her parents taught her all the rules of being careful in public and be cautious of crosswalks.

Lillie kept walking until she got to the other sidewalk and then started to run to the convenience store as she then stood in front of the building once she slowed down her steps, she then walked inside as the doors slid open and she heard gentle music playing in the store as she took notice of other people or even some teens in the convenience store.

Lillie walked to where the drinks were and she looked around as she spotted a small carton of strawberry milk, she opened the door and reached up to grab the strawberry milk but it was out of her reach. She gave a cute huff but kept reaching as she stood on her tip toes but it didn't work, Lillie kept reaching but couldn't grab the strawberry milk.

Soon, someone grabbed the strawberry milk and brought it down to Lillie's level as Lillie looked over and saw an elderly woman had grabbed her the drink. "Here you are little one." The old woman said.

"Thank you..!" Lillie chimed, she gently grabbed the small carton and she was very respectful of others as she made a cute squeak when her head was patted. Lillie then waved goodbye as she went to the register and paid for her drink, she luckily had some money she saved up and carried with her in her sling bag. Lillie left the convenience store and then looked around before an aroma wafted around which she recognized, she made her way to it as it was a bakery that Lillie liked to call it a hidden gem.