𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐞𝐧: 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠

It was Friday, the sun was starting to rise over the busy city of New York as the city was bustling with quite a bit activity today

Lillie was fast asleep on the air mattress set up in Mikey's room and she was slowly growing used to the brothers but still had a lot of things to work around, Lillie squirmed a little in her sleep before she woke up and rubbed her eyes before turning to the hammock to see that it was empty. "Where did he go..?" Lillie mumbled.

Lillie got up from the air mattress and she left the room quietly since she figured that everyone else was still asleep, not knowing how early in the morning it could be. Lillie carried her plush bunny in one arm before she noticed a smell coming from the kitchen so she went to take a look and faintly heard talking, Mikey was in the kitchen and he woke up early to make breakfast to surprise not only his brothers but Lillie too.

Mikey hummed a bit as he was making some super fluffy pancakes and even added a few blueberries or strawberry slices, he had gotten pretty used to cooking for the family and would often make a variety of different dishes either from watching TV or following recipes. "These are coming along great, I hope the kiddo likes strawberries!" Mikey whisper-shouted to himself, smiling a bit.

Mikey then felt a presence like he was being watched and he looked over at the doorway to see Lillie peeking, Lillie gasped softly and she hid as she covered her head with her hand since she got scared that she was in trouble.

Mikey gave a small chuckle but he had a feeling that Lillie would wind up waking up, just not so soon. "It's alright Lillie, you can come out." Mikey said.

Lillie slowly uncovered her head and she peeked back out as she looked at Mikey with her bright orange eyes, the younger brother motioned her to come over as Lillie walked into the kitchen. "I'm kinda shocked you're awake kiddo, normally I thought you'd sleep in like Donnie or Leo. Leo says he needs his 'beauty sleep.' I think it's just an excuse for him to sleep through the day." Mikey ranted a bit, making air quotes and Lillie giggled quietly but she seemed to understand.

Mikey patted Lillie's head gently and he had been more careful with giving Lillie head pats, since Raph first tasked him to help Lillie recover, he made sure to start small when it came to physical comfort and reassurance then he'd work his way up the recovery ladder with her.

Lillie flinched only a slightly this time, she had begun to trust Mikey a bit more and she found him easier to talk to and get along with not just because he was the younger brother but that he seemed to pick up more on emotional responses much like her. Lillie looked up at Mikey when he pulled his hand back as Mikey grabbed a step stool, setting it near the counter.

"Here, you can help me with breakfast." Mikey said, Lillie nodded and she carefully climbed up the stepping stool as she reached the counter in no time but she placed her plushy down in the counter away from the food. Mikey tasked Lillie to make some scrambled eggs so he made sure to give her a medium sized mixing bowl, a whisk, eggs along with salt and pepper.