Chapter Five

Who are you..?

A N D R E A

A N D R E A

As I woke up in the morning, my head throbbed with an intense ache, a painful reminder of the excessive amount of alcohol I had consumed the night before. Sitting up on my bed, I brought my hand to my pounding head, a groan escaping my lips. "Ah..."

Opening my eyes, I noticed the shattered pieces of the alcohol bottle scattered on the floor. The dress I had worn the previous evening still clung to my tired body, a symbol of the hazy memories that lingered.

I glanced at the mirror positioned directly in front of my bed, reluctantly meeting my own disheveled reflection. I was a sight to behold, no longer recognizable.

Dark circles framed my exhausted eyes, my hair in disarray, and my face worn out from the night's revelry. I stared at my reflection, taking in the consequences of my actions, feeling a mix of regret and self-disappointment.

After a moment of contemplation, I mustered the strength to leave the comfort of my bed and made my way towards the bathroom. 

/// 

As I stepped out of the bathroom, my robe clung to my figure, providing a cozy embrace after the refreshing shower. The moment I laid eyes on my phone, it buzzed incessantly, demanding my attention with a flurry of notifications.

I plopped down on the bed, my curiosity piqued as I reached for the device, unlocking it to reveal a sea of messages and missed calls from the boutique.

"Oh, how could I forget about the important client scheduled to come today?" I exclaimed, a heavy sigh escaping my lips.

The weight of my oversight settled upon me like a dense fog, but there was no time to dwell on it. With a determined spirit, I swiftly rose from the bed, ready to rectify my mistake. 

I rummaged through my wardrobe, a treasure trove of fashion possibilities. As a fashion designer, my clothing choices were an extension of my artistic expression. Today, I opted for a chic ensemble that exuded sophistication and creativity.

I selected a tailored blazer in a rich charcoal gray, its structured silhouette commanding attention and conveying an air of authority.

Beneath it, I chose a flowing silk blouse in a vibrant shade of magenta, its soft fabric draping elegantly against my skin. The blouse added a touch of femininity and playfulness to the getup.

For the bottom half, I reached for a pair of high-waisted trousers in a classic black, their impeccable tailoring accentuating my figure and elongating my legs.

The fabric, a luxurious blend of wool and silk, felt smooth and indulgent against my skin, a testament to the quality I demanded in my designs.

Completing the look, I slipped into a pair of sleek, pointed-toe pumps in a deep burgundy hue, their heels adding a confident click to each step.