chapter nine

Shock

A N D R E A

A N D R E A

"I am not your wife," I whispered in an almost inaudible tone.

"Yet."

The air crackled with tension as his words hung heavy in the space between us, wrapping around me like a suffocating shroud.

His yet was enough to send shivers down my spine. The aura he was carrying was undeniably too strong to resist. As I reflected on my interactions with men throughout my life, I realized that I had never felt this helpless or speechless around any of them.

However, the mere presence of this man, whom I barely know, had a profound effect on me. I couldn't help but be amazed by the fact that someone could have such power over my words and emotions.

His warm breath danced against my earlobe, sending shivers down my spine, igniting a fiery turmoil within me. Every syllable he uttered seemed to tighten the knot in my stomach, leaving me breathless and unable to escape the pull of his presence.

My heart pounded fiercely against my ribcage as I dared to break the silence that enveloped us. "What do you want from me? Can't you just leave me alone?" I managed to whisper, my voice barely above a hoarse murmur. Yet, even as the words tumbled from my lips, I knew they were futile against the magnetic force of his being.

For a moment, he said nothing, his piercing gaze drilling into the depths of my soul. His face shifted, pulling back slightly to maintain a distance where his eyes could ensnare mine in their captivating hold. A strange sensation stirred within me, a fluttering of butterflies that only seemed to intensify under his penetrating stare.

Then, a smirk curled upon his lips, a devilish glint sparkling in his dark eyes. "Leave you alone?" he echoed, amusement lacing his tone like a silken thread. His chuckle resonated in the charged atmosphere, a sound that both unnerved and intrigued me. "After you spent a night with me? No way," he declared boldly, his declaration sending shockwaves through my already tumultuous emotions.

No way? What does he mean by that? I am at a disadvantage here and he is acting as if I got him pregnant.

"Looks, you-" I decided to voice out my thoughts but again got frozen down in my place as he drew closer once more, his lips grazed my earlobe, his breath hot against my skin as he spoke with a commanding authority that left me reeling.

"Marry me," he demanded, his words hanging in the air like an unspoken promise, binding me to him in a way I never thought was possible.

Marry him? Is he being real?

"We have already talked about this before-"